Saturday, July 01, 2006

Last day of June

Preludes & Fugues

Here is a brief outline of the events that occurred in my life yesterday:

7:00 AM awake. Make coffee, take meds, stretch, meditate and thank god I have
an hour to do nothing before I venture down to the business.
8:00 AM. Walk to the business. Talk to the marmots, cats, deer, trees, serene
sky and hope everything is "flowing" as it should when I enter the door.
9:00 AM Still NO DELIVERIES FROM SYSCO or US FOOD SERVICE!
9:20 AM eat breakfast and make calls to distributors, check schedules and have
serious talk with employee regarding the use of the F word, touching butts
and smiling when people sit down with the menu she hands them!
10:00 AM off to the grocery. NO DROP OFF FROM SYSCO!
10:30 AM get the music and instruments set up for a rehearsal for Sunday night
with guys in band.
11:00 Rehearsal goes well. Listen to local gossip, thank god I do not have kids
and make wonderful music.
1:30 PM Back at restaurant getting prepped for this evening.
Michael is in a rather WILD STATE OF MIND. He has fired the rather stupid
woman that works two days in the office and laundry cause the other
women hate her! God, they never stop talking her down. So now, do I or
Michael open office two days a week and then do laundry? Like I can do
this and still cook and run a restaurant? Michael can't do it all he will die.
I ponder the problem and come up with solution.
2:30 PM close lunch and clean up for night. I head home and lay down for an
hour. Up at 4 and back at the restaurant.
Missed the Tanner's from Ogden. They left me 4 reissued CD's that I was
The musical director on in the 70's for an amazing young man.
5:00 PM All is going well, except by 6:30 I have only one waitress! Shannon
forgets to come to work. Calling like crazy every waitress I have. People
are falling off the deck and inside the dinning room! I put a 15 year old
my buss girl out on the patio. She has NEVER waited on night people.
7:00 PM we are out of salad. NOT A DAMNED LEAF of LETTUCE in the house.
Call Jean she flys to market and brings back iceberg shit lettuce.
8:00 PM Kristen comes in to save the day. Mighty woman.
9:30 PM I am insane. My kitchen staff are great, but the stress is endless as the
mood exchanges are flying bazzurk as all hell between these women and
their emotions. I thank God I am a man.
11:00 Everything is cleaned up and ready for morning. Now the accounting.
The money is fine, but the tickets are not matching the ledgers for rooms
the frigin bar orders are off! I figure it out by midnight.
12:00 midnight I am home and chilling.
1:00 AM I am asleep? No, the phone starts ringing and no one has the extension
phone on their body down below, so I get up and walk to the business
tell the barman to answer the GD phone!
JULY 1st. THANK HOLY HELL. A NEW MONTH.
8:00 AM just had a call, the morning waitress is delayed and they need me?
NO, I need that anxiety drug, xanax, or what ever in hell those little bluish
ill tasting things are, but they knock me on my ass so hard, I would never
get anything accomplished. OFF TO WORK I GO with a song in my heart
and a blessing on my head.
ONE BEAUTIFUL THOUGHT IS THAT ALL THIS SHALL PASS MID OCTOBER AND TODAY MARKS THE BEGINNING OF A NEW MONTH. I ALWAYS TELL MYSELF THAT
IF I GET THROUGH JULY I CAN SURVIVE THE REST OF THE YEAR AS EVERYONE I LOVE IS BORN OR DIES IN JULY! DAMNED CANCERS! TO THINK THIS SCORPIO ADORERS THESE SENSITIVE, GIVING LOVING BEINGS THAT ARE BORN UNDER THE SIGN OF
CANCER. I DO LOVE THEM EVERYONE OF YOU.

No comments: