Sunday, July 09, 2006

July 9-15 always...

Preludes & Fugues

Today is my brother's Birthday. We are 18 months apart. We were raised as if we were twins and were very best friends growing up. We still are friends but follow different drummers and walk different paths that separate us.

July 9, 1961 my best friend committed suicide. This act of violence and the need to escape the pain inflicted on him by a Mormon Bishop, society and the limited thinking of the 60's has never escaped my mind. One day I will write about this event and the horrible aftermath of pain and suffering it caused within a small community and church.

July 9th 1980 a very special lady died. She had a powerful impact upon my life and still does. Her passing was the beginning of a gigantic paradigm shift in my heart, mind and body. It was the end of one lifetime and the beginning of a new one. I discovered the book OUT ON A LIMB and after reading it two times I would never be the same person I had been or thought I was going to become!

I believe we are constantly REINCARNATING. Belief systems and dogmas that we are induced with from birth die with time and are replaced with other philosophies as well as our bodies evolve with time. BUT, numbers and dates seem to always have deep meaning in my life!

This will be an interesting week. I will post events on my blog/journal/safe place, so that I can compare last years events! July 9 through 15 is like a major metamorphosis in my life!

Tonight is the second Music Under the Stars performance. This week has gone so quickly it is as if it had not existed! But, then what is time? Simply an invention to measure events and happenings. Ya gotta love Einstein's famous equation: E=M. I'm outta here!

No comments: