Sunday, April 09, 2006

Until WHAT?

Preludes & Fugues

I received a phone call from the states yesterday morning. It was my sister. First thing that slid across my mind was my mother or father had turned very ill. NO, she called to inform me that the husband of my niece that lives in Southern Utah was drowned to death in a very bad canoe accident on the Virgin River early in the morning. Devastating. They have a 9 month old baby girl, just purchased a new home and John was attending college as well as working full time.

I called home. Life seems to march on regardless of death. I was momentarily reminded of ever so many friends and family members that have left this dimension via the process we call DEATH!

I am not feeling depression, I feel grateful in one respect: IF HE HAD LIVED AND HAD SUFFERED SERIOUS BRAIN DAMAGE THE CHANCES OF HIS LIFE BEING REDUCED TO A BED, LIFE SUPPORT SYSTEM AND ENDLESS MEDICAL CARE...NO!
He is in a better place and life will move on until his daughter and child choose to go where he has gone.

Life is simply an adventure. Do we choose the events and problems that are presented before us in a lifetime so that we can learn? balance karma? does everything that happen occur because of FATE? I learned do not spend a life time worrying about such subjects, or else you will waste precious life that you are able to enjoy and fulfill so many of your dreams.

Nice day. Spent it in the wine country. Had a wonderful lunch at the Carrick Winery, Field mushrooms on polenta and green salad. The wine was delicious and the espresso after lunch perfect. The leaves are in stunning color. The moon is shedding it's pale light upon the snow capped peaks as I write. Life is good! I am going to the piano and play 'Clair de lune...' perfect piece for a benediction on this day.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

I love you, my Uncle