Wednesday, April 19, 2006

life's golden coil...

Preludes & Fugues

Yesterday I was in the city of Dunedin. An absolutely "perfectly PERFECT" day. Autumn light, leaves gently falling onto green grass.
M. had two appointments with the orthodontist so I had three hours to myself.

I walked to the gardens at First Church and sat on a comfortable wooden bench. I felt centered and completely relaxed. Good time for recharging one's mind, heart and soul.

Sound is meditative and healing to me so I closed my eyes, put my head back and began concentrating on all the various caca-fonic sounds surrounding me. Coins falling on the sidewalk. Car engines, footsteps on gravel, birds, voices, the list is endless. Without warning I begin to feel myself spin out of my body. It was frightening and yet so exciting. My conscious mind kept saying: "You are having a stroke, dying or a "flash back" of a 'shroom' trip in the 60's."

I felt amazingly happy and light. Suddenly I heard my back pack fall on the grass. My ego said, "Don't let go! NO ONE YOU KNOW, KNOWS WHERE YOU ARE!" I then thought: " It really doesn't matter. Your passport, two credit cards, journal and I pod are inside the pack along with some cash." Then it happened: I heard a voice... I was not in full consciousness, but opened my eyes and standing in front of me was a young man probably 17 maybe 18 years old. "Sir, may I have $1.50?"
" I don't have change for the bus to Anderson Beach."
I could actually sense myself squeezing into my body!
I handed him the exact change. He thanked me and walked off...a gentle memory bite of a previous sound kicked in: the tinkle of odd coins falling on the sidewalk and footsteps on gravel. Previously, I had heard odd change falling on the sidewalk and footsteps. This stranger was connected to both sounds!

Just maybe the super string theory in physics is a fact...life's "golden coil" we are all wired into is real. I walked back to the hotel aware of every thing surrounding me as well below and above. Every blade of grass, store window and sensation was in a different light.

Interesting, when M. arrived back from the orthodontist, he informed me that he was getting 'state of the art' hearing aids the next day!...Serendipity? He has suffered hearing loss in his right ear for years. I felt a thrumming vibration move through my entire body. I smiled and said, "Today has been a day of all kinds of beautiful sounds."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have been slowly loosing my hearing in my left ear for years now, a childhood spent with ear infections has left me gropping for sound in that ear. But the funny thing is the sounds that I can now detect with that ear were never even noticed before when I had perfect audio. What the world takes away can often times become a gift of a new path. Your path will always be paved with song.
kb