Wednesday, April 12, 2006

I talk to the dead

Preludes & Fugues

Many years ago I enrolled in a class at College: THE PLAYS OF SHAKESPEARE. I loved the class. One day the professor, who was way up there in earth years, was late! Even with NO PROFESSOR not one student left the hall.
In a sudden flurry he dashed into the room and up to the podium.
He explained that he had been walking past the cemetery and began strolling amid the head stones, where most of his friends were living. So, he began visiting with different people WHO WERE DEAD and he and lost track of time.
I have never forgotten the story.

All of my life I have "talked" to people I have loved and known who have crossed over...I am not talking about cross-dressing. I MEAN DIED.
Sometimes I feel they are close, very close indeed. I was reading bits and pieces of poetry and such before I started my morning meditation and came upon something from the Prophet that brought much joy to my heart.

"IT WAS BUT YESTERDAY WE MET IN A DREAM. YOU HAVE SUNG TO ME IN MY ALONENESS, AND I OF YOUR LONGINGS HAVE BUILT A TOWER IN THE SKY.
IF IN THE TWILIGHT OF MEMORY WE SHOULD MEET ONCE MORE, WE SHALL SPEAK AGAIN TOGETHER AND YOU SHALL SING TO ME A DEEPER SONG. AND IF OUR HANDS SHOULD MEET IN ANOTHER DREAM, WE SHALL BUILD ANOTHER TOWER IN THE SKY...."

Today is a day of much celebration for me. A friend that has been ill will be made whole again! SO BE IT!

No comments: