Thursday, November 02, 2006

someone with guts...

Preludes & Fugues

Last night I sat with my jaw wide open as I listened to Keith Olbermann lambast this idiot president for almost 10 minutes without a break and what appeared to not his reading a prompt sheet! IT WAS ONE OF THE MOST HONEST ESSAYS I HAVE LISTENED TO IN AGES! FINALLY SOMEONE WITH THE GUTS TO JUST SIMPLY SAY IT LIKE IT IS!

My week thus far has been interesting. I helped Michael spread the ashes of his father and two brothers in the new memorial he is constructing for their remains. I shall always remember OCT. 1st 2006. After we mixed the ashes together and covered them I came to my room. Played Whispering Hope, Amazing Grace, the second movt. of the Pathetique Sonata by Beethoven and the Prelude in C from the WTC by Bach. Lit two candles and knelt beside my piano, which I have used a prayer alter for most of my life. I simply meditated quietly about the delicacy of life and the fact these "ashes" were where they feel and see the first light of morning, they are bathed in silver moon light at night and surrounded by sounds and the grounds and house "they" loved and were a part of and are still very much remembered as a huge part of our history.

Tomorrow I fly to Boise. I love the city and will be fortunate to help four young piano students discover some new and amazing insights into the magical world of making music at the keyboard.

My friend Wayne will be home from TURKEY today! Can't wait to hear the details of what I am sure was an incredible trip. My practice periods have been sacred events and I am always stunned at how I discover new sounds and hidden meanings within the elements of sound and harmony. My Debussy pieces keep unfolding hidden colors and emotions as well as the Bach and Poleunc pieces. Practice makes perfect? Practice makes life worth while! When all the world seems to be falling apart and is full of deceit and lies, I turn to music and it is a constant in my life.

No comments: