Friday, October 27, 2006

A lovely discovery!

Preludes & Fugues
All my life I have adored poetry. One poet that touched my soul years ago was
Edna St. Vincent Millay. For years I carried a worn paperback copy of her sonnets where ever I traveled. In 1993 after my stint in NYC I flew to Boston, rented a car and drove to Camden Maine. Rockport Maine and attempted to experience the very sand, earth and sky that Edna so dearly loved. It was a very sacred pilgrimage for me artistically as well as I met some amazing people.
The other night I was doing some searching on google and found a VHS titled:
MILLAY AT STEEPLETOP. I immediately ordered it. The gorgeous thing arrived today. It contains 16-mm footage of Edna and Eugene at Steepletop, their 700 acer estate in New York and the interviews with Millay's sister Norma are priceless.
I have viewed the video three times already!
_ My candle burns at both ends;
It will not last the night;
But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends.....it gives a lovely light!"|

Since closing I have been practicing like a mad man, boarding up the Nordic Inn
and today I stowed away all the garden tools. There is a certain beauty in a dying garden. The last leaves of the season are trembling in the breeze like
hands frantically waving goodbye. There is snow on the mountain peaks and I
am suffering with a dreadful head cold. GOD I HATE SINUS INFECTIONS!
I'm sipping on a glass of hot wine and reading "RENASCENCE" before I fall into
dreams. Good night.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome! Its really remarkable paragraph, I have got much clear idea concerning from this piece of
writing.

Have a look at my web page: Microsoft Office Gratuit

Anonymous said...

Valuable information. Lucky me I found your site by chance, and I'm surprised why this accident did not happened earlier! I bookmarked it.

Visit my site Psn Code Generator