Saturday, October 07, 2006

Rain drops keep falling on my head

Preludes & Fugues

I don't remember quite this much rain last autumn. I walk in the rain, I walk to work in the rain, I walk home in the rain late at night and the rain drops just keep falling on my head, just like the guy who's feet are too big for his bed, nothing seems to fit...
(I like the rain! I can sleep like a baby when the rain pitter pats on the window pane, and I know and understand how sacred and precious water is!)

ONE PROBLEM WITH THIS RAIN: SKUNKS! Yes, skunks. Last night I suddenly awakened to the sound of machinery running and the cats were back and forth from the bath room to the kitchen, bed and running up and down the stairs. M.
came in from closing the bar at around 2 AM. When taking the garbage out to the dumpsters he was misted by a skunk. Cats LOVE the LOVE SCENT of SKUNKS
so our neutered female felines were having mystic estrogen over loads and kissing M's stinky boots! I could not get the smell out of my mucus laden nostrils! The washing machine was churning away in a frantic attempt to squelch the stench!
Believe me, this morning orange peelings have been placed around the dumpsters and M's shoes will be burned!
The rain simply has not diminished the scent of skunk.
My cats always have issues with OWLS and SKUNKS! In other words WISE OLD FARTS are what OWLS and SKUNKS are!
Still raining and looks like more rain behind these early morning clouds!

No comments: