Sunday, October 15, 2006

Last Day of Business at Nordic Inn

Preludes & Fugues

Today ends the 2006 season at the Nordic Inn. It has been a great year. Tonight will be the last working day for most employees, but I will be cleaning, sorting out bits and pieces until mid November.

Every year I think that I am becoming to damned old to do what I am doing and I can't keep working the hours that I stand on my feet, legs and work in the public. (actually, I keep pretty much away from the public. I am in my kitchen and I am not one to run out front to have a chat with customers.) Last year Michael was deathly ill during the summer and suffered pain until mid Oct. 2005 when he could finally have an operation! Last year I had a few glitches along the way with labor, but got through the season. This year was one of good health and the employees were 100 times better than last year!

I had two new pieces of art to help get me through each day. 'Walking Wounded' sits on my piano guarding the room. A print by Jim Taylor, "HELPLESS" I had framed and I love gazing into the center of this painting. Had two pieces by Carol Montparker framed. The Brahms collage is magic. Also read some great poetry, composed a couple of "ditties" and came up with a good recipe for Shrimp Rissoto...soooooooo I even paid my income taxes last week!

Now is the beginning of a new page in my life's journey. ONE EXTRA MONTH IN NEW ZEALAND should be heaven!
Will tell how closing went after tonight! Gotta get this messy body cleaned up and to work. Ah, it is suppossed to rain tonight! Love the weather.

No comments: