Wednesday, October 04, 2006

display holders for CD's

Preludes & Fugues

A couple of years ago I bent clothes hanger wire into loopy holders to display my CD recordings on each table in my restaurant. They always tip over and the CD's fall on the carpet. A patron suggested that I have my friends at the Blue Fox Gallery create me some really nice CD holders out of clay. FIne.

Yesterday I drove to Etna to see just what Tony had created. AMAZING! Each table has a gorgeous porcelain bowel that holds four CD's and a cassette tape. Here is the really unbelievable hidden secret within his gift: each piece when gently tapped released a beautiful bell sound! Little did Tony know he was creating musical instruments as well as visual art! I am over the moon with joy!
They are like musical hands that cradle my music and can release their own music when set into vibration! Serendipity in art! (God, people will want to buy the porcelain bells over my recordings! That's okay by me! Thank you Tony I love you man. I am forever amazed at what beautiful secrets are to be found inside what appears to be solid matter. The atoms that are dancing to some silent music within every bit of clay, wood, rock, water, fabric, it is endless.
Do come see my new display!

No comments: