Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Thank God for Barnes & Nobel

Preludes & Fugues

Thanksgiving was wonderful. Too much food, but the company was exceptional and
it is always wonderful to spend time with family and when you are as old as me, I get to see "genetic DNA" singing it's song in the tiny bodies and faces, personalities and voices of the great grand kids! God, I have no doubt reincarnated in the life of one of my great nieces or nephews!

Being in Utah for almost a week can be really detrimental to my well being, but because of Barnes and Nobel's Bookstore I can sip a cup of delicious coffee, tune into the internet and play with my MAC for a couple of hours. It used to be the GOLDEN ARCHES that I looked for in a foreign country because it was a token of home, but now I always look for Starbucks and Barnes & Nobel.

I will be in the air for New Zealand on Thursday. Oh, BTW, I could never move back to UTAH! Too many people, the driving conditions are hopeless and the air is so filthy I can't breathe. I will kiss the ground in Alpine and I love the air and water. No stop lights in Star Valley and most people know me by name or sight. I'd move to NYC or San Francisco before I'd crash back into the land of
Utards and bigots.
How in hell did I survive all the years I tried to eek out a living in the shadows of the everlasting hills! I'll take Brokeback Mountain any day over this.

Thank you Barnes & Nobel for this moment of reflection and peace. One day I will open a haberdashery called "GYPSY MOON" The tea and scones will be to die for and the music and books will be INTERESTING! Rare treasures and bits of original art for sale. If I ever get all of my dreams and schemes out of my head and into reality I will probably drop dead in amazement! Sometimes my day dreams are safer and better than the real thing! So, I think.

No comments: