Sunday, December 15, 2013

Synchroicity

I came to New Zealand 24 years ago!  
(I have people I treasure as if they were my own children and one is 24, one is 23 one is 45...)  They were babies when I first touched the ground of South Island.

They have had to HEAR so many STORIES about my adventures in New Zealand.  I know many people think WHY NZ.  I believe the universe literally "takes you" where you are supposed to be.  You may decide you want to be a certain place but once you arrive at that place situations may lift you into an entire different place from from where you dreamed of being.

Most of it has to do with my HUNCHES... my INSTINCTS... some unseen force that drives me toward the lesson I must learn.  Well, this year I made a promise to myself that I would allow Synchronicity to be my guide.  Bits of this journal will be about my following my instincts and what I discover along the way.

I hope to post a photo of me standing beside my studio door.  I have a flower vase attached to the window of the front door.  Inside the vase I put fresh flowers because it makes the door appear so inviting as well as the perfume from certain flowers is like magic.  (There is a reason for this photo)

Yesterday I walked around the village.  I took random photos of places and people.  I had a "feeling" I should step into a certain shop I frequent  and sure enough it was a perfect move in the right direction!  Found a kit that helps one make cheese!  (I love cheese)  also found a kit that can help a person make their own home made wine!)  I also found some special gifts for a couple of precious friends.  I left the shop feeling a sense of being alive and happy.

No plan in mind I walked out to St. Omar Park.  Great gusts of wind were flying off the waters of the lake and it was chilly.  I kept walking and finally thought, sit your butt down and rest.  I had made a ham sandwich which was inside my backpack.  For some reason I  plunked my  ass on a bench beside a wonderful grill type thing built on cinder blocks.  I thought nice.  I could bring some propane and cook myself a hot meal on this grill one day.  As I was gazing at the water and mountains two young men walked up and asked me if I was using the "barbie"  meaning the bar B Q, grill, flat top...  I smiled and said, "I'd like to but, I'm having a ham sandwich, you guys go ahead and use it however, may I sit on this bench for a few more minutes.  They grinned from ear to ear and said:  " Yo MAN!  You just make Ur self at home and don't mind us a bit!"

Both guys had to be early 20's.  I so remember when I spent most of my life OUT DOORS CAMPING and COOKING OUT DOORS when I was in my 20's.  One young man was very thin with long blond hair.  Bare feet, shorts and hoodie.  His companion, (Who became the main cook) was dark with short hair in ripped pants, torn Tee Shirt and bare feet.)  These two worked together like a team out of a top kitchen.  They had the grill heating after many attempts against the gusts of harsh wind.  These guys had an old beaten up pickup truck.  The blond walked over to the truck and carried over a cardboard box full of ITEMS.  He sat it on the table beside me.  The box contained:  Beef Mince, which is hamburger to us in America.  Red Onions, a garlic bulb, loaf of White Bread, Tomato Sauce (Katsup)  red tomatoes, cucumbers, radishes, lettuce greens, it even had a bottle of white flour, one bottle of white sugar, one of salt, pepper... butter and get this:  BELL TEA BAGS!  A pan to boil water in and spoons, towels the WORKS!  JUST LIKE I USED TO TRAVEL WITH!

The winds settled down and the dark haired guy made mince patties, the blonde guy chopped red onions.  The Blond cut tomatoes, cucumbers, lettuce and put it all into a plastic bowel.  Dripped Balsamic Vinegar over it and tossed it together.  Dark boy had 6 patties on that grill.  They smelled divine.  (I love the perfume of onions and chopped beef frying...)  

By this time I had finished my sandwich.  BOTH GUYS turned to me and asked:  "Ya gonna join us mate? 'cause if ya don't ya have no idea what Ur miss in.)  I said, " Well, yes if you have enough."  The dark head guy said: "We can't afford the eats around this place.  We are headin up to Paradise and Glenorchy... (TWO PLACES I LOVE)  ya wanna go with?"  OMG that is one time I thought to myself  yes I'd love to, but...)  

The meal they created was gourmet.  Grilled hamburger on white bread with Katsup, grilled onions, a salad to die for and even wine.  YES THEY HAD SHITTY CHEAP WINE!  

We talked about my many years coming to QT and how it was different in 1990 but some things have remained the same.  They said they would never come to America because we SHOOT PEOPLE WITH GUNS!  Their stories are worthy of a separate blog.   

After the meal they lite up a joint and cleaned up.  I told them to keep in touch and please enjoy every thing in Paradise.  (Paradise is where many movies are made. Long drive up the canyon.  The road was gravel when I came here.)

Synchronicity led me back into town and I figured I had best get a taxi home.  I did not go to the taxi stand.  For some reason I walked to the side of the Post Office.  There was a GREEN TAXI.  I tapped on the window inquiring if the lady inside was OPEN.  She smiled and said YES.  Where you going?

She was a joy.  Probably 40's but such a great smile.  Told her my address:  11 Panorama Place.  She did not know exactly where the address was so I guided her.  She stared telling me how she graduated with a degree in journalism and wanted to go to Europe.  (these are her very words and OMG I have used this description about myself when I was in my 20's trying to become a musician in Hollywood.)

"Ah!  I was not pretty enough, I was NOT BLOND enough"  I honestly said these words years ago over and over... She then told me that she had applied to be a Nanny and guess what?  she was able to travel all around Europe!"  She dropped me outside my house and I paid her plus gave her a small tip.  She grinned and said:  "You are a very fit man.  How old are you?"  I said old enough to be your father.  She said she never, ever knew her father!
 She gave me a pink rose!  I have it in my vase on the door.  I told her to spend the 3 dollars I gave her as a tip on a coffee or ice cream.  Well, today I am walking past the taxi stand and she is sitting in her green cab eating a gorgeous ice cream!

Follow your heart.  It works.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You never know how your little feet lead you into big adventures. Meet people of such love and kindness that it makes you melt to know you're a part of plan you can't imagine it's intricate workings.
Hugs,
w