Monday, December 26, 2011

My Kiwi Xmax Kitchen...

Today is the day after BOXING DAY IN NZ. I took this photo of my kitchen here in the summer house in NZ because: it expresses apart of myself. This was taken after a gorgeous dinner.

It shows: Half a glass of Pinot Noir, half of a beautiful NZ Christmas Ham I glazed in apricots and oranges.
Half of myself standing taking the photo! (not really!)

In NZ most Kiwis, on Xmas day have a Christmas Breakfast or Luncheon/Bar-B-Que because it is summer in this part of he world!

I however do it different. I like my Xmas Dinner in the evening. Same with Thanksgiving Dinner.

My family in Utah are very traditional and do all these events between noon and 1:00PM. Why do I chose evening? Because: I have for far too many years cooked in restaurants and evening meals are my favorite except for I do love breakfast late in the morning all by my self!
Yep, I am a selfish man. I deserve to be.

This year I had two guests in. One lives on the left side of our house the other two or three doors down the street. We got together round 6 PM had yummy cheeses, breads, assorted nuts and wines... then dinner was: A wonderful baked ham. I glazed in apricot and orange with yams. Boiled potatoes, onions, greens, carrots, courgettes, topped with honey, dill and cream fresh. French and Cibatta breads and NZ REAL BUTTER. Dessert was strawberries and cream, but we settled for Christmas Fruit Cake and brandy.

Boxing Day I treated everyone to a day on the Lake. We boarded the old steamer Eranslaw and steamed over to Walter Peak. Had a wonderful Bar-B-Que Luncheon... watched the farm show, the shearing of sheep and of course the sheep dogs! are the most spiritual of creatures.

The ride back was divine. BLUE SKIES, MOUNTAINS, BLUE WATER, HOT SUN and a piano player on the ship that played songs only my grandparents would ever know every word and melody. Twas magic. Left QT at round 11:30 AM returned round 4:00 PM.

Will write about ever so many other things that have been pressing on my weak mind and body but had to share joy. NEW YEARS WILL BE BEYOND BELIEF THIS YEAR. Stay Tuned.

No comments: