Sunday, December 04, 2011

AT LAST...

The year was wonderful. I trained a dear angel to be my soi chef. She became the part of myself I never express because I lock that self so deeply inside my heart and brain, then when self cannot stand restraint it explodes into a deluge of angst and ugly words... thus she saved me. Sprit guided me and she into perfection.

Business was good. My restaurant danced to "steady Eddy"... meaning: Equilibrium, balance, center, I did not allow humongous parties of more than 10 people... I kept things at a tempo I could play with... Most of my help were reliable and propped me up.

The photos are of the dinning room the night after I closed for the season. I always have a steak dinner for friends. I actually had the entire restaurant filled with candle light. (candle light is a sacred vibration for me) Lots of delicious wines and spirits.

Next photo is of the first snow fall outside my window in Alpine, WY. Magic when the autumn leaves are in cosmic radiance and then the silence of snow upon leaves that have fallen to their death... only to be reincarnated once again in soil that will feed more trees, seeds, there is no death... observe nature.

It seemed as if we would never get our butts out of Alpine. We finally did round 6-7 PM. Had to stop at friends and say goodbyes... then from Afton WY to Evanston WY dense fog.

I do not have a problem driving at night, but I do hate fog. Growing up in Davis County, UT. we lived near the Great Salt Lake... INVERSIONS... fog was a dangerous demon. One could be driving in blind fog only to suddenly drive into a crystal clear sky... I managed the trip to Utah from WYOMING fine, but we arrived at my parents home round 3 AM.

Thanksgiving is a way far overrated holiday in my book. Tooooo much food, toooooo much labor involved and TENSION beyond words. Got through it fine. Then the Xmas decorations.
My mother could open a shop with only Xmas Decorations. She has millions of things that blink, sparkle, need bulbs, wires, connections... we did what we could to make it happen.

The flight to NZ. Longer than the roads to hell... but WORTH EVERY ACHE AND PAIN.

Flying is not what is used to be. NO LONGER DO I DRESS OR MAKE ANY ATTEMPT TO LOOK NICE. Soft clothing, slip on shoes, no jewelry. When you are trying to get a 94 year old woman through security as well as yourself and friends... computers, cell phones, I pads, the wee bag of gels. That is by far enough. We made it. Qantas is a great airline, but I do hate the food.

The seats are made out of cement. I took one of those famous sleeping pills in America:
starts with an A... I was awake all night!!!!!!!!!!!! Last year I tried one but I had my meal before I took it and the Doc said that is why it did not work!

WTF I need something to eat before I sleep... well, I did not eat a meal and the damn pill still did not work. I'm calling the FDA one more time... these things are not cheap

12 hours later we landed in Auckland. HOME... (well, my 2ND home away from home) then the rush to domestic flights. Landed in QT at 2:00 PM. GORGEOUS MOUNTAINS, WATER, SKY.

The house was perfect. I can now sleep until noon. I can be awake all night. I can get up early and walk all morning. I can play piano when I want. I can read millions of words that create books inside my I Pad or Nook. I can doooooooooo any damn thing I WANT OR NEED TO DO.

Will post tomorrow about my goals this year. Every year I set certain goals that I want to attain when I am blest with this freedom to explore and do more, more, more. Life is good.

No comments: