Sunday, February 20, 2011

Chapter 3

I awoke this morning feeling crook.
Crook, is a word The Kiwis use for meaning ill. Not well. Under the weather... Today we are driving up to the TOP TRUCK and spend two nights. Late afternoon I did begin to pull myself together and the strange dizzy feelings disappeared.

Rutha had baked homemade breads. Banana bread and a long loaf of peasant bread. Coolers, (chilly bins) full of goodies. Our packs full of STUFF... my computer so we could watch movies, listen to music and if service was available I would check my e mails.

This Truck is unique. Sits on the top of a hill over looking the bay. The tide was out, but would soon be coming in. I have a photo of the truck and the inside of the truck posted below. The person/artist that built the living quarters had a mind for detail. I happen to love these kind of places. We had a decent refrigerator, two burner gas hot plate, and a very old black Cole Stove! The shower was outside. One of those huge old bath tubs with claws for feet and the shower was attached to the side of the truck. You stood inside the tub and splashed away! I have not taken a shower with soap and hot water in the open air for ages! Such an invigorating feeling. Rutha, unpacked the food items and poured me a glass of cold Chardonnay wine.

I had booked a massage with a person I have wanted to massage me for years. Yana Hoos.
We drove to her house in a light rain.

Yana's house is all NATURAL. Wood walls, no paint! (I like that) a huge dining room table with fresh sliced oranges on a plate, fresh cut flowers...

She has "the touch"... Walked up the stairs holding on a hand rail which is a long branch from a tree. The massage room was wonderful. Sarongs of many colors on the walls, a shrine... we talked. She asked me what I needed, I told her about the left side of my body... music... she chose PERFECT flute and piano... TUI is a popular massage wax used down here... she makes it.

She did something I have never had a massage therapist ask me: "Do you wish to lay face down, or on your back?" I said: "BOTH!" She had had a very big day. 7 other massage therapists had been with her all day learning how to do 'Holistic Pulsing'. Yana is a small compact woman with long brown hair. She left me to undress and get my blob of flesh on the alter, (table) face down. When I looked through the piece of the table that frames and hold your face I noticed a bowl of stones looking up at me! I LOVE ROCKS... these were some of my favorite stones... I knew I was in loving company.

Yana's hands have eyes and ears as well as they are full of music. She found every trigger point that was giving me any discomfort. She did apply the pulsating holistic method to my arms and hands. Time stopped for me. She worked for over an hour. When all was completed I felt marvelous.

Rutha was waiting for me in her spray-painted turck... Yana came outside and embraced her and they chatted for a brief moment. We drove back to our TOP TRUCK! Rutha had set a gorgeous table outside hoping we could eat watching the sunset and the ocean... the misty rain would not give us the chance to indulge in the outdoors. We ate inside. One of my favorite meals. A pasta with veggies, salad and breads. I cleaned up the dishes.

I have told Rutha about a a series that came out years ago called "TALES OF THE CITY". Amestead Maupin wrote the stories about San Francisco in the 70's. Rutha moved to San Francisco in 1975 from NY talk about a culture change? I believe she was 18 or 19 years old... I have watched Tales of the City time and time again over the years. It is a true story about my youth. We loved it. Slept like dead logs and awoke to a gorgeous day.

VALENTINE'S DAY! We hiked up into a beautiful waterfall. Walked on beaches... then near 4 PM we cleaned up... drove to a wonderful new place for a 5 course Valentine's Dinner. It was divine. Photos are posted.
Back to our TOP TRUCK and finished watching the Tales of The City!

Next morning up early and tidied the house. Drove to the recycling bins, dumped all glass, etc. then back to Sans Souci Inn.
This would be my last day and night in the bay.

We got back to SSI, set up camp inside my room, did laundry, wrote in my journal, but best of all, instead of eating out we had a meal in Rutha's cottage. Then we watched a movie I have told her about for years: SORDID LIVES.

Walked back to my room, but in route sat down on the damp grass and gazed into the heavens... all those endless universes and places of mystery.
Did not have to be up early so walked to the beach. The sound of water kissing the sandy shore with gently timed pats,
baby loving slaps with the hands of a gossamer waves touches me beyond words. Went sound asleep.

No comments: