Saturday, February 19, 2011

Chapter 2

Two French Doors open out from my room onto a small stone patio. There is a fine mist of early morning showers which enfolds every thing in a different light. Almost surreal.

Grape vines have woven their many arms around the roof which shelters my patio. Clusters of green grapes are hanging on the vines awaiting the day they are mature. Laden with sweet sugar and dark color. These grapes will have been kissed by the hot rays of the sun, ocean air and most of the tranquillity of this place. I'm sitting here sipping strong coffee simply doing nothing.

I will manage a walk on the beach after I shower and shave.

Sans Souci Inn has a compost toilet system. I will never understand why in the USA we don't use this type of toilet in our National Forests and camp grounds. NO STINK! NO FLIES! Instead we use chemicals that really do not cut the scent of human waste and flies can drive one crazy inside those little LONG DROPS/OUT HOUSES. Here you simply use the toilet, then cover the waste with saw dust and chips of wood. You can also put left over food items in the toilet... AMAZING how the thing works.

Am walking on the beach! The sunshine is burning the foggy mist away and the sky is a brilliant blue!

I have to keep telling myself how fortunate I am to be here. How blessed I am to be with a dear friend that pampers me to death. How unbelievable I feel health-wise from two years ago( when I was here!)

Sometimes there is nothing WORSE in my life than the sensation of crashing into a LIMITATION!

When I became so very ill with Cancer, E Coli Infection and a mered assortment of other physical disasters I crashed mentally because I realized I was honestly limited in my control over such demons. Apparently I needed to be smacked up the side of my head a few times to set aside my arrogance and pride... to really appreciate my life and the many gifts I receive every hour of the day and night.

Evening... I follow the phases of the moon like a dog that lops along side it's master, wagging it's tail and with tougn hanging out licks the hand of the master with sloppy kisses of affection and devotion. Well, if I could I would probably lick the moon!

The moon and stars have been the one and only CONSTANT in my life. Ever since I was a tiny boy I loved watching the moon and stars... I gaze at the moon tonight and it is not full. Will be a full moon the night I am back in QT. February 18.

Many things have come and gone in 64 years of my life ... but the phases of the moon and galaxies have always been there for me. When I gaze into the firmament I always think about Beethoven. He also observed the same moon and stars... Galileo, Shakespeare, Newton, Einstein, Bach, Monet, Gilbran, Whitman... the list of some great people that have lived under this ceiling of heavenly lights are gone, yet we share something in common... the planet and the sky.

Dinner was a gorgeous venison. I grew up on venison and it is one of my favorite sources of protein.

After dinner Rutha and I sat on my patio and talked way into the wee hours of the morning. Tomorrow we drive to the Top Truck. Kind of like a Hippie Bus made into a house. I LIKE THESE PLACES! Also, I am set for a massage with a woman I have often heard about. Yanna Hoos.
It will be a healing as well as a little magic sprinkled here and there.

More later.

No comments: