Friday, September 01, 2006

DOGMAS BE GONE!

Preludes & Fugues

Since the mid 70's I have fought for gay rights, women's rights, abortion rights, and at times the environment. I have argued with persons that I loved and I have lost friendships, lovers and many a quarrel ended up in a bloody nose. Some of the most traumatic arguments have been over religion!

I never dreamed the day would come when I would passively walk away without a tinge of anxiety regarding such people and their ideas, but I DO BELIEVE I HAVE ARRIVED AT THAT PLACE of peace that passeth all understanding.

These naive people that set themselves up as official JUDGES of what is right and wrong, and what is absolute REALITY and TRUTH. In doing so they simply slam shut the door that expands them into an ever expanding and beautiful universe of knowledge and eternal understanding. Once they slam that door shut they are doomed to live in the one universe of ideas and actions to which they have PLEDGED ALLEGIANCE. Their universe may seem and appear as an elegant life, but it is a PRISON. They must spend the rest of their days DEFENDING unchanging dogmas.

They simply forget that deceptive appearances abound in nature. The smooth surfaces of an ice-cube, a planed and sanded wooden board, or a block of iron or marble are all deceiving. At the MOLECULAR LEVEL, the perfections are punctuated by IMPERFECTIONS, order by disorder. Looking inside the molecule one finds a whirl of activity. GONE IS THE SMOOTHNESS, EASE and SIMPLICITY of the surfaces.

I see evolution occurring at rapid levels within my body, mind and philosophies.
I am so happy that I can say: the only constant is change!

As to many people I know that BELIEVE and DEFEND with every breath they take, their allegiance to certain DOGMAS I say: It makes more room for me and others to sail into the crazy world of undefinable mystery and unconditional love. It means I can become and be anything my sprit and soul want to be! I am not constrained within a prison of what is fact vs. lies. Even my idol Einstein had a difficult time grappling with QUANTUM MECHANICS and spent most of the latter years of his life trying to find major loop holes in the theory.

DOGMAS be GONE! Live free and move beyond the dogmas that we waste so much life on arguing and debating. Life is a gift, enjoy!

I find myself walking away from arguments and stupid debates regarding politics, religion and sexual preferences! Life moves on with or without us!

No comments: