Thursday, August 03, 2006

The Beauty of Men...

Preludes & Fugues

In 1968 a woman in NYC told me that the most beautiful human beings were young men! She did not elaborate why boys and men were more beautiful than girls and women, but stated her point with such profound speech and completeness I totally believed her. I began observing young boys and men younger than me and mind you I was 21 years old. I observed older men and decided that the ideal age for a man would be between 38 and 45.

I think being a teen ager is difficult no matter if you are female or male, but, the older I get the more I agree with that woman's statement. I see young women that dress horribly with body fat hanging out and showing chunky bum cleavage as well as bad hair and skin. Mind you, there are the occasional young woman that are stunning, but for the most part YUCKY looking babes, covered in grease and make up from hell.

Most young men, seem to radiate a certain shyness and yet confidence, maybe because, they endure endless erections and are adored...?

I read a poem this morning that made me think of the beauty of young men by John Wieners. Here is is:
"TWO YEARS LATER"
The hollow eyes of shock remain electric sockets burnt out in the skull...

The beauty of men never disappears
but drives a blue car through the stars...

Look into the night sky and you just may see a beautiful man driving around the roads of the firmament hidden in the haze of blue sky! EYES TO THE SKIES!

I find beauty in many things, but it is wonderful to also see young men and know what they are thinking and to know I was once one of them and have matured to the man I am now! NO REGRETS, just joy!

No comments: