Monday, August 07, 2006

The past meet the present...

Preludes & Fugues

Last night was the last Concert/Dance event. Fantastic crowd, lots of dancing and the moon in the sky was something out of ET!

A dear friend that I have known since I was 21 was here for the music. She presented me with a cassette recording she made of a concert I performed August 18, 1976, the bicentennial year. I was 29 and would turn 30 in Nov. of that year. I was a Piano Performance Major at the U of U and never did complete the course as I did not like the INSTITUTIONALIZED SANCTITY AND FACULTY AND I PERORM DRASTICALLY ON TESTS AND EXAMS, therefore I chose a the path of a free spirited musician and made my own kind of music! (In truth I do not regret not earned a college degree. Most of my friends that have one do jobs that have nothing to do with their educational degrees from Universities!) The tape is OLD... The playing amazed me! Yes, there are glitches, but I have not played Schubert or Debussy like that in years! This same woman presented me with a box full of my correspondence, (letters to her) that she had saved since 1969 during my 7 years with USO! Talk about the past catching up with you! I am so happy that I have lived long enough to actually look back on all this a in truth enjoy the place I am at PRESENTLY because of the place I WAS AT YEARS AGO.

Now begins different challenges with the business. School stars in 18 days, that means day help is reduced to ME? Sunday brunch's will slow down and the weather will determine a lot of events. The canopy for my patio dining area finally has been made and delivered... NOW THAT THE MUSICALS ARE OVER! But better late than not! It will make dining on the patio much more pleasant during the rainy season. BTW, PATIENCE has never been one of my high marks.

I need a long, long, sleep, a deep massage and most of all to replenish my energy levels! So I drink coffee! God I do love COFFEE! So I'm going for Coffee.

No comments: