Saturday, August 19, 2006

OMG, 20 more years?

Preludes & Fugues

Wed. my father turned 80. We are very close. Everything that happens to him physically seems to happen genetically to either me or my brother. GENES! I spoke with him by telephone Wed. and he said, "See, you will probably no doubt live for at least another 20 years!"
My father will have out lived all of his siblings, and most of his family. My grandmother did live to be 84. So, I have 20 more years of good health and productivity as well as IF I DO NOT SUFFER A FATAL ACCIDENT, with the help of modern medicine, I may make it to 90, then I WILL DECIDE If I wish to live any longer!

Fires every where. Casper, WY is a disaster area. Idaho is burning up and Utah always has fires along with California and of course the desserts. BUT, so far we have been fortunate in this neck of the woods. NO FIRES!

I am driving to Utah this after noon to attend a dinner party in honor of my father's Birthday. This is the first time, (except for a funeral) that I have ever left my Restaurant on a weekend! I am a nervous wreck!
Will they remember to bake a turkey tonight? Shut the dish washer OFF? Leave out the chicken and steak for the next day? The list is endless...what ever happens, it does not matter because I only have one father, but I may have many restaurants in my life!
So, with I Pod charged, Cell Phone Charged, Meds and a quick change of clothes I will drive out of here around 1 PM and arrive in Ogden at 5 PM. Spend the night and drive back to WY very early for Sunday Brunch!

I feel Autumn in the air. My anxiety has dropped so something must be going right. I have had to FIGHT this indescribable feeling of depression and anxiety that washes over me completely 'out of the blue' and then leaves...It usually indicates that something of a very serious nature is in the process of becoming a reality! But, it seems to have finally stopped it's attack of chemical and emotional frenzy!
Will talk soon. Seize the day baby! (or what ever is close at hand!)

No comments: