Friday, March 31, 2006

APRIL FOOLS???

Preludes & Fugues

Who in the hell INVENTED APRIL FOOLS? Doesn't really matter. Would be a nice thing to have Washington DC tell us that IRAQ was only an April Fool's JOKE!
OR that so many of the PROBLEMS in the world of 2006 are just another April Fool's JOKE.
But, I fear that is not the case! ONE THING IS FOR SURE, most of the problems we are dealing with are "man made" out of a democratic, capitalistic, gone insane world of politics, dogmas and hate for each other!

Many times I have thought we are only an "EXTRA TERRESTRIAL" experiment. We are honestly not made for living on planet earth. Our skin, this 'space suit' we live in, is too thin, our immune systems cannot handle the many viruses and diseases, our emotions and chemical balances are not made for the environment we live in. YET, so many of the environmental and physical problems we are dealing with are created by non other than the society of human beings we have become. However, I still find life is full of wonder and beauty and regardless of all the demons of evil and destruction, people are falling in love, enjoying healthy food, traveling, aware of more knowledge and truth than ever in the history of the world and most all I am at a place in my life where I sense a quiet, patient state of peace. (There used to be a undefinable emotion of anger and fear percolating secretly within everything I thought regarding politics, religion and institutions.) This peace of mind I refer to comes with knowing you have survived ever so many impossible events and situations in your life. Just gotta live long enough to acknowledge the fact!

Read this quote this morning in the news:
"Senator when you took your oath of office you placed your hand on the Bible and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. You didn't place your hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE!"
Maryland state Senator candidate James Raskin, testifying March 1, 2006 at a legislative hearing on a proposed marriage discrimination amendment, answering State Senator Nancy Jacob's question about whether "God's Law" forbids "Same-sex Marriage.

Most marriages are a "FARCE" in that they end up in divorce and do prove WORDS that are made into VOWS and COVENANTS do not hold any divine power! I have family members and friends that have been divorced three and more times and have made children by each union, so what is the problem with POLYGAMY? Hell, they have had children by many different wives and women, yet hate polygamy and refuse to live by the power of LOVE and ATTRACTION without a marriage certificate even after that damned certificate has cost them dearly in every way.

God, I do love to rant about this MARRIAGE thing because of my Mormon upbringing, we were taught not to discuss POLYGAMY, and yet the first five prophets of the church and the FOUNDER were all big time multiple partner men. I know! there should be a law that all marriages must be performed on APRIL FOOLS DAY! YES! That way there are no divorces and ugly dramas cause there was not really a binding contract called MIRAGE oops, Marriage!
(I wouldn't be here without a few of those dogmatic Polygamists!)

Just remember: Catch a falling star and put it in your pocket, save it for a rainy day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When I was fresher in this spacesuit I had a different feeling about gay marriage. Now I honestly could care less. I think everyone should have a domestic partnership and those who feel compelled to have a marriage certificate would have to do so through thier church. The 10 cent document from the church would give them no special benefits at all and allow them no more say in the lives of others. God now I'm ranting now. I just require the tax breaks, personal legitimacy and financial freedoms that were affored Brittney Spears on her 3 hours marriage in Vegas that even I don't have after 16 years.
Here endeth the lesson.
Mwah,
kb