Monday, November 24, 2014

The ultimate joy of NO TIME FRAMES!!

From Memorial Day weekend until the end of September I awaken every day round 6 AM.  I fall asleep between 11:30 PM and midnight.

I open my restaurant for breakfast at 8:00 AM.  I try to be inside the kitchen by 7:00 AM depending on my prep work.  I do most of my prep for the day and night from making soup, to plum sauce in the early morning.
Breakfast can be insane or not much of anything, depending on the time of year and how many rooms have been rented.
Lunch begins at 11:30 AM until 1:30 PM.  THERE IS A VERY SERIOUS REASON FOR MY CLOSING FROM 1:30 PM until 6:00 PM.
I become terribly exhausted and have to lay down.  Yep, I am a wimp and need to rest.  If I don't things can become scattered from HELL TO BREAKFAST...

I have never been a person that bounds out of bed at first light, smiling from ear to ear, full of energy and eagerness to begin a new and wonderful day.

As a little boy in grade school I struggled simply getting myself to the corner of the street, in the early morning where the yellow school bus collected a group of students waiting for the ride to school.  At times I would fall asleep during class.
Many days I walked from school home.  I loved being outside.  The open sky, sounds, things growing in fields of sugar beets, alfalfa, corn, beans the list was endless.  Most of all I loved looking west toward the Great Salt Lake and Antelope Island.

I do not simply fall asleep like other people.  I have dear friends and family I have shared hotel rooms with on trips abroad and I am amazed how they can simply brush their teeth, wash the face, put on the night clothes, crawl into bed and within minutes they are SOUND, I MEAN SOUND ASLEEP!!

I will still be laying in my bed reading, staring at the ceiling, listening to music, watching a movie... and then the "sandman" gently sprinkles stardust on my eye lids and I drift off.  I DREAM A LOT!
I dream in COLOR and SOUND.  I FEEL AND SENSE every dynamic in a dream.  I can sense smells, cold, hot, wet, dry, pain, ecstasy, as well as boredom in a dream state of mind.  It is a form of synesthsia.   (where one can see color when they hear sound, taste words etc..... look it up)

I arrived in NZ on Dec. the 5th 2014!!!  today marks 20 days I have been living with  no routine or time zone as far as work, obligations, dead lines...  I am still a human being I do have Dr. Appointments, Dentist, appointments and I practice piano, walk, day dream and read buckets of books.  HOWEVER!  I am not worried about when I sleep and when I awake!

Every night I dream.  My dreams waken me and not all of them are pleasant dreams.  They can involve events, people, places and situations I have experienced but, they are usually altered in some interesting way.

I once years ago kept a dream journal... I will admit it did not tell me anything amazing however, it did tell me how DIFFERENT the dream state can be  about a certain person or event compared to  the actual situation I'd recall in reality?  OR IS THE DREAM REALITY REAL and  REALITY AS WE KNOW IT A DREAM???

Who really cares?  I love being able to sleep when I am tired and be awake when I am awake!

Last night I went to bed a 10:30 PM and woke up round 3:00 AM.  I got out of bed... opened my I PAD to the book I am reading, nibbled on some cheese and olives... finally my eyes began to droop and I descended to the bedroom.  Crawled into my warm bed and floated into wild dreams!

I did awaken at 6:00 AM looked at the sunrise, started my morning coffee and studied my musical score of Debussy's Reflections on the Water... (music is kind of like blue prints of beautiful things one cannot put into words or colors.  I seem to find more meaning within a musical written score than sometimes hearing the sounds!  The horizontal and Vertical energy of music in written form.  I made two soft boiled eggs on toast, drank the coffee and around 8:00 AM went back to bed till 9:00 AM!

I was considered years ago as having serious mental disorders.  Thank GOD or who EVER they may be, they were and still are enlightened doctors...

20 years ago I was diagnosed with NARCOLEPSY.  There is a medication which is extremely expensive but OH MY GOD it works.  I only take it when I am working and when I drive for long hours.  I once drove off the freeway in Utah and was booked for DRUNKEN DRIVING!  No alcohol was in my blood......... they said I was on something else?  NOT.  I paid a $300.00 fine for something NO ONE seemed to understand or know about.

My Doctor in the 70's put me on Dexedrine.  OMG, I would go back on them this moment.  I have never ever accomplished so many things.  I WAS A WIRED UP GENIUS.  Talk about an issue.  Five years later I went through all the withdrawals of the drug alone... me and Judy Garland?

I have no idea why I chose to write about this?  Maybe some one that reads this blog has a similar problem but, IF you can live to 68 years as I have, and have a fantastic neurologist you may simply have a better life.

I have got to get up to my kitchen here in NZ and create dinner.  I have a neighbor coming in for dinner at 7:00 PM.  God only knows I do drink wine when I cook and sometimes I even remember to put some in the food!!!



No comments: