Thursday, November 13, 2014

The eve of turning 68 years old...

On November 14th 1946 northern Utah was experiencing a serious blizzard.  Temps had dropped far below the point of zero.  Many roads were hidden under deep snow.  I was still living inside the safe and loving warmth of my mother's body.  Suddenly I wanted to be BORN!

My very young father drove my very young mother into the city of Ogden, Utah to the Dee Memorial Hospital.  They were having a FIRST experience in their lives and so was I!!!  The gift and blessing of a new life.  Their lives would never be the same.  They would become PARENTS.  I would become the first born son.  A drama unfolded that no one in this dimension would believe possible.

In October of this year I was in NYC taking the LIRR to Huntington NY on Long Island.  Two young black women were sitting across the isle from me.

Trains haunt me.  Ever since I was a baby I awoke and went to sleep hearing train whistles and then the rumble and throbbing accents of train cars rolling along rails.  There was the Union Pacific, the Southern Pacific, the D&RG trains... they all converged in Ogden.   The Ogden train station was a huge station...  it was at the west bottom of a very famous street in the western United States:  25th Street.  Because of my life with trains I love to take trains when I am in the east.

I have intense hearing.  When I was drafted in High School the Viet Nam war was a big issue.  I drove my 55 Fairlane Ford to Fort Douglas in SLC.  Had all the tests... tons of young men walking around in tidy whites and chilled inside those strange brick building...  At one point I was pulled out of the line and sent to an office where three officers were seated around a mental desk.  I thought something was terribly wrong.  The very and I mean very cocky little man asked me if I could hear  any sound when he turned a dial on a box that resembled a radio which did radiate a high pitched bleep type irritating pulses.

I answered YES.  He then sneered and asked IF I could HEAR ANOTHER SOUND...  which I could hear.  It was a buzzing sound mixed with some kind of static.  My answer was YES.  They  then put head phones on my ears.  I had great head phones at home.  I could listen to symphonies late at night and not bother my sleeping family with the music...  I waited for the what ever they were going to set off inside my head.  A very Erie foreign type language whispered mystically  and reached high and low tones...  they removed the head set and asked me what I heard.  I tried to explain it the best I could.  I was then taken to a different room and told to stay there until another officer interviewed me.

It seemed I have some kind of amazing hearing ability where  I could decipher decibels of sound in ways most people are not aware of.  Because of this "gift"  I was of value to the army.

Back to the train ride to Long Island.  I heard every word of these two young woman's conversation.
The one heavy set girl was crying and yammering on about her boyfriend and her other boyfriend and the things she needed in her life to make her happy...

I was stunned and amazed at the comment her friend said:  "GIRL! LIFE IS NOT ABOUT HAVING THINGS TO ENJOY LIFE IT'S ABOUT ENJOYING LIFE WITH THE THINGS YOU ALREADY HAVE!  YOU SHUT UP AND TELL ME ALL ABOUT THE THINGS YOU ALREADY HAVE THAT ARE PRECIOUS AND BEAUTIFUL IN YOUR LIFE!

Whooooeee!!!    If I had been much younger I would have said AMEN SISTA to that beautiful black girl.  She was spot on.

I have had a most stressful and honestly terrible year.  Loosing my mother and father within 6 months of each other was not a joy for me.  I honestly fell totally apart when my dad crossed over!  He had been my ROCK.

He knew all of my weakest parts.  He also knew my hidden secrets.
He loved me unconditionally as did my mother however, a son respects his mother in a different way. A son tries to save her from pain and disappointment.  My dad could handle everything I did and all the things I achieved and my mistakes.  As sons we follow the ALPHA MALE IMAGE.  My dad was my alpha male.

My 68th Birthday is November 15th.  My parent's wedding anniversary is November 16th...  they were inseparable for nearly 70 years.  That is one hell of a long time to endure the endless company of one person.  I thank my lucky stars for my choosing them for my parents this time around and I'm sure they were willing to accept and learn the lessons they had to learn from being the passage for my existence.

I am so thankful to be able to ENJOY my life at the present moment with what I have inside and outside of who I am.  I hope to compose a new birthday song for myself.  One of gratitude and most of all the miracle that I have honestly survived to see my 68th.

I have posted many photos of where I live in NZ.  I have posted many photos of where I live in WY.
I must always be where there are mountains, water and open sky.  They radiate a certain energy I thrive on and I belong to mountains and rivers. Mountains and rivers haunt me!

My one wish for every person is: the confirmation that you must become what you are!  You must face the inevitable within yourself.  After all, it is the only thing that can save you.  Many prophets, sages etc.  say they know... they know nothing more than I or you do.  I know that THEY don't know and they know they DON'T know... life is a beautiful mystery ... a dream ...   Happy birthday to all my Scorpios.


No comments: