Monday, November 10, 2014

Blasts from the Past...???

In 1982 I helped write a musical review titled A SONG FOR YOU...  Sam Collett Jr. was my agent and he was a master mind at organizing and compiling musicians that were able to work together in performance or in settings of solo performance...

Much work and endless time went into this musical creation, A SONG FOR YOU.

Wolverine Canyon, was a band from Firth Idaho.  Young men that could MAKE and INSTILL their own original music as well as country standards.  They won the country western competition in Nashville plus had very popular 45 recording on juke boxes through out WY. ID, Dakotas, Utah... I at the time also had a 45 on juke boxes.
One side played "Evergreen" by Barbara Streisend and the flip side was "Help Me Make it through the Night", by Sammie Smith.
Claudia Nicholas had toured with the USO.  She did two trips to Viet Nam, the Meditarainiam  and Eroupe with me.  She has a voice much like Petula Clrake's.   (Don't Sleep in the Subway Darling, Don't Sleep in the Falling Rain...)    To this very day Claudia and I are dear friends.  Collett died and Wolverine Canyon Band fell apart... (always the break down of an ensemble)  Kind of like marriages.

So many other people have GONE due to simply living life's destiny.   I'm still here!

I watched the video with anxious anticipation...  I was 35-36 when this was filmed.  I had forgotten so many details that went into this show.  I had a seamstress that made all of my performance costumes...  she was a keen woman regarding trends and fashion.  She could do exactly what my Grandma Keller could do.  Look at a piece of clothing and with a pencil reproduce it into a pattern and create it.

I was my own musical arranger.  I had been the arranger and musical director for one of the earths most precious voices... Ricky Tanner.  If you have never heard this boy's voice do a google search for Ricky Tanner.

I had a mother that knew how to sell a performance.    When I won my first competion my mother had drilled me how and when to smile, when to make an entrance... when to bow.  She knew the best side of my face, the way light effects shadow and light...  she taught me to NEVER, EVER think I had failed.
If I made a mistake she only forgave it and always told me:  "You will never know the RIGHT NOTES till you hit the wrong notes.

In 1980 I suffered serious loss in my life.  Mabel Lythgoe was my landlady and died.  I met her in a serious rain storm... 620 28th Street, Ogden Utah became a crashing house for musicians, lost souls and most of all she was my secretary, accountant, passage into so many secret mysteries.  

My Grandma Johnston passed away... she was with me from the day I was born.  She believed in me.  She never, ever did anything untoward me except drowned me in unconditional love.  The stories that woman told me are magic.  She could see the invisible world... the list is endless...  1982 gave me hope and courage to reach into my future.

Transitions are painful yet so amazingly full of energy and hope.

I made many mistakes in my youth according to religion, philosophy, everything society frames as normal and perfect.  I have learned a very important fact the last 25 years:  THERE IS NOTHING CALLED PERFECTION...  I will write a blog about that one day.  NO ONE AND NOTHING IS PERFECT... everything keeps changing... evolving... vibrating, expanding, and most of all becoming beautiful and right.

I'm off to the Dorothy Brown Cinema... It is a great place in Arrowtown.  Go on line and look it up.

I am finally in my beloved NZ.  I am at peace and feeling so much better PHYSICALLY AND MENTALLY.   To be released from all the media and brain trips in THE USA.

I love the country I live in but, I fear the media is a breeder of hate and fear!

 WE ARE ALL MUSIC THAT IS PLAYED BY OUR DESTINY.  EVERYONE HAS A 'KEY' WHETHER THEY KNOW HOW TO DECIPHER IT OR NOT; IN ANY CASE WE CAN BE HAPPY ONLY WHEN OUR BEING IS IN HARMONY WITH THE NOTE THAT EXPRESSES IT.

Now that I have figured out how to post a blog once again thank you to my engineer and star seed child... I can write again.

2 comments:

David Welker said...

I have an old bootleg cassette tape with five songs from Wolverine Canyon. Love to hear more about them, and how to get a hold of more of their great music!

Unknown said...

Can u please get ahold of Me? I'm his niece that sings and plays guitar.