Thursday, March 04, 2010

Southern Sinfonia

One of my favorite composers died today in 1953. Sergei Prokofiev. I have never, ever performed or actually learned any of his great compositions... WHY? I do know why. His music is too "close" so some hidden place within my musical mind and heart...

Tomorrow I will drive to the city of Dunedin. The Southern Sinfonia is a great Orchestra. I will hear the 3rd Piano Concerto by Prokofiev. Let us hope I do not begin pounding my thighs like I do when I hear a certain haunting theme in this master piece. I cannot spell the name of the performing pianist, but I know it will be magic.

Ever since I can remember, the sound of a symphony has spread invisible wings that can carry me to places indescribable. To me there not a more gorgeous sound than a symphony tuning... the squeaks and squawks and rumbles, then the one note... the one vibration that balances the entire ensemble!

I think I will write a book! My life inside harmonic vibrations...

No comments: