Monday, March 15, 2010

Devil's Staircase

Today was a gorgeous day. Lots of sunshine, autumn colors just breaking through the greenery.

I went to the gym, had a wonderful lunch at French Cafe, Les Alpes... then walked to the market to collect some items for dinner this evening.

I walked into Henry's Shop of Spirits... Found a bottle of Pinot Noir 2008 a Central Otago wine named: DEVIL'S STAIRCASE. It was not a cheap Pinot, but the name reached out and grabbed my by the throat! Gotta have this wine!
Here is the best part, I am copying the words from the back side of the bottle, your gonna love this.

"Make the Descent - there's a little Devil in all of us. Devil's Staircase Pinot Noir takes the willing down into the realms of decadence and Bacchanalian delights. Here everything is pleasure spiced up with a dash of naughty. The unrelenting environment tortures the vines whose twisted limbs produce a wine worthy of absolution: strong and sensual with lashings of dark fruit, sinfully succulent and devilishly good.
Enjoyed either in isolated contemplation or in combination with the seared flesh of a sacrificial animal."

OMG, words can turn one's mind and body into a play ground for the devil. Let me tell you this little devil is divine! Simply had to share the words on this bottle! Wish I could carry back to USA a case of this devilish fluid! I do love good wines.

I make no apology as it seems good wine was good enough for Christ. Drink this wine in remembrance of my blood which I shed for you!!! I will be saved before the night is over!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I too enjoy a good wine but always halt my actions before I pop the cherry on a fresh bottle. It seems such a waste to be the only one enjoying this life's blood. So I pat it gently and tell it, "one day...I'll have you."

Brenthoven said...

AAAhhhh that one day is when I come home in May.
Just keep patting that bottle very gently and sending lots of love and joy into it's heart beats.
LiPo composed a fantastic poem called Amist the Flowers a Jug of Wine... Love the last line: Let us swear to meet again far in the Milky Way!
Miss you.