Monday, March 08, 2010

Amazing Grace...

The concert was indescribable... why? because if someone were to tear every atom of my being apart it would add up to all the notes in the Prokofiev 3rd Concerto as well as the Rachmaninoff 2ND Concerto.

The young man that performed the Prokofiev was from Russia... he has the music in his very DNA and BLOOD. I have heard as well as had the blessings of being in the audience watching Martha Agarich perform this very concerto. If you do not know who Martha is go to YOUTUBE and discover or simply listen to her 1965 recording... In my opinion the woman is not from this planet. She is my age, but OMFG what she does with a piano is cosmic. She also speaks many languages...

The Concert in Dunedin was magic. At the end of the concert as we were walking out an usher who has seen us many times at concerts touched my arm and asked IF I had a program. I said "NO" she gave me one. The programs cost money... as we walked out into the starry night air I sensed someone standing inside one of the enclaves near a stage door smoking a cigarette.

I look into the shadows and low and behold it was the artist that had performed the concerto. He was casually dressed smoking a cigarette, much like myself at his age of 34!

I asked, "You were the Pianist?" he shyly said..."yes"... with that I embarrassed him to intensly and kissed his cheeks. He became out best friends for the moment. I told him that I had hear Martha Agarich perform this very piece... he swooned and said, "OMG Martha is the Queen and King of Piano". We told him from where we come and he said he had appeared with the USO in SLC, UT. I told him next time he better come to Alpine WY and eat some fabulous food, drink wine and meet some cowboys! He gleefully agreed!

What a night. I love these moments. Magic. Pure Magic. I posted a young man from England on my Face Book who plays rags. He is good. Life is good. Sorry about the tomatoes in America. Means not so much salsa, Kat sup, pizza... but in my
restaurant most of my tomatoes come from MEXICO! DHHHAAAAAA!!!!

Stay close to the music. Every night 'bout 6 PM I am spending 5 minutes quietly... thinking of the planet and balancing the political messes from the bottom to the top of the globe.

I still live by my New Age Hippie mantra: LOVE AND LIGHT!

No comments: