Monday, December 01, 2008

Heros

I am sitting in my tiny speck of heaven. My studio in Queenstown, New Zealand. This tiny room is a small space the size of most people's walk-in closets. It has a wonderful sky light window that joins a full wall window that opens to allow fresh air and light into this sacred cell. I have posted photos of the inside of the studio on past blogs.

The gardens surrounding the house are over grown, but beautiful, with roses in bloom, pansies and my small herb garden survived the winter. Like the words from the song, Scarborough Fair I have sage, rosemary and thyme. But, I also have gorgeous chives, robust mint and soon basil will be in pots that sit on the steps leading to the upper gardens.

This morning is glorious with the sunshine and views of the lake and mountains. The birds are singing hymns to the morning light and praise for a new day! The morning mist and play on light and shadow always touchs a hidden place inside my mind and heart... like poetry and music.

I did have some reservations about my ability to fly for such long periods of time this soon after the surgeries. Everything went well in SLC International. Then LAX is always confusing to me. Why is this airport such a dilemma when it comes to finding the International Terminal after landing and getting out on the sidewalk? For 19 years I have either lost luggage, or made the wrong turn when walking out of the terminal and ended up at the wrong destination. We made it through security just in time and I was the last person to board the Qantas 747 plane that would land in Auckland NZ 11 hours later. My heart skipped a few beats as I walked down the ramp onto the plane. I was flying as had been planned months ago! I did not cry, I just kept on walking. I was shaky and tired, but dear GOD I WAS ON THE PLANE! The trip was smooth and I slept most of the way until we landed in NZ.

I watched a stupid show last night on CNN about heroes. Maybe we need heroes. I have one that has stood by me through every kind of drama, that person would be Michael. He has been a rock when I have lost loved ones, fallen ill, stressed over performances, worried about the business, you name it he has been my hero through thick and through thin. Speaking of thin, OMG, I remember years ago trying to loose weight, never imagining the day would come when I would be TRYING TO GAIN WEIGHT! What the hell? I am back up to 152.5 lbs this morning. I weighed in at 150 when we hit the ground in NZ, but I do believe the loss of pounds was due to stress and concern about flying as well as the food on Qantas was shit. I mean it.
Qantas usually has fine food and leg room, not anymore! They wanted $5000.00 dollars for me to up grade to business class.
I said NO to such an insane figure. Why would people that have zillions of dollars even pay such a price? It is an insult to one's intelligence. So I think!

Yesterday I walked to the center of town. Had afternoon tea and did some banking and posting of cards. Practiced Bach Preludes and Fugues until midnight! Speaking within the language of music is bliss. Learning new music is a mental and physical exercise only a musician understands.

I do believe I have nearly reached the top of the mountain and will be healthy once again! I have mountains of things I hope to enjoy and achieve during my holiday. For one thing I will catch up writing this blog.

I adore my friends and love you. You are my extended family and in reality no doubt my real spiritual family.
Until later, seek love, light and bliss.

No comments: