Friday, December 12, 2008

100% Full Moon

Last night the moon was magnificent!

Tonight is the FULL MOON. Venus and Jupiter are brighter than I ever remember.

Full moons are very sacred to me. Moonlight is a magical paler shade of white... I know people that claim the full moon
disrupts their ability to sleep? I sleep just fine moon or no moon. I do know that in our business, when there is a FULL
MOON, people behave differently. Alcohol seems to have a more intense effect upon the bar patrons as well as customers eating food in my restaurant. If you look out in the parking lot when the moon is in full light there are lots of pick up trucks!
The pick-up trucks usually mean ACTION for SOME ONE before the moon sets and the sun rises! Full moons cause lots of things to RISE so to speak!

Today was a beautiful day. I positioned my body on a comfortable bench in the out door mall and proceeded to watch people. Music was every where. Not many Americans, but lots of Europeans, Scandinavians, and South Americans, all speaking in their native languages. The different dialects makes for a most interesting
musical fugues... mix the voices with the sounds of traffic, background music from bars and the sound of people's shoes and feet grating along the pavement... wind, dogs barking, endless sounds. Some people would call it NOISE.

I have to watch body movements and eyes as well as the hands. Gestures can be marvelous interpretive
signs when trying to understand a foreigner attempt to express what they are feeling using their native language.

Along the water front were two very young men that I swear stepped out of San Francisco 1963... Hair piled on
their heads, beards and the clothing and shoes were priceless time pieces. One played what appeared to be a very old Ukulele
and the other played the Recorder. The recorder is like a flute. They used no amplification except the acoustic backside of the wind carrying the music to eager ears within the range of sound. I put 3 dollars into the cap they had laid on the cement for gifts of pocket change.

Hopefully they will have earned enough coins at the end of the afternoon so they could buy a lid of dope, or a cheap bottle of wine, better yet groceries.

So many memories flew threw my mind as I listened to their music, watching their bodies move to the music they were creating. Gentle, melodic, almost folk music and yet there was something very mystical and spiritual hidden within their music. The whole scene was like a past life regression moment.

I loved being in the sunshine. I did not care IF the rays burned my balding head! I did not care if the sunshine kissed my flesh too hotly this afternoon. I kept thinking about vitamin D as well as so many other gifts the sun affords us.

Moon light and sun light. Such sacred gifts. "Let There Be Light!"

No comments: