Monday, January 21, 2008

I'm gonna keep my friends above all else!

A friend sent me an e mail with a simple test. I am a happy sucker for these games!

You are alone in a desert. Burning up with heat and no water in sight. You have five animals. You must rid yourself of the animals one by one as you journey on through the desert.

The first animal I removed was the monkey.
Next was the Lion, then a Horse, Cow and finally I would leave the desert with a sheep. The order that you removed the animals was and very important part of the test.

Monkey was my first choice. It represents my children! (well, that was not hard, get rid of one major problem in your life!)

I chose the Lion as my second choice. The lion's meaning was my PRIDE.

I then removed the Horse. Horses represent one's Passion!

Finally I removed the Cow. The cow translates into One's BASIC NEEDS!

I leave the desert with the sheep! The sheep means: FRIENDSHIP! So when things get tough, I get rid of the kids, then swallow my pride, drop my "passion" like a bolt of lightening and discard of my basic needs very easily, but KEEP THE FRIENDSHIPS.

When I was in my early teens a very dear piano teacher told me time and time again that when I came to the end of my life friendships would be more precious than anything else I had worked for during the course of my entire life!

I think he was trying to tell me was the fact friendships remain after many love affairs burn out, family difficulties can separate siblings, parents cousins for years and even lifetimes!

I've had many friends that were an intense part of my life's journey during my 20's and 30s. Most of them have 'crossed over'... walked out of their bodies and stepped into the void, but their voices, their touch, laughter and certain glances are indelibly etched into the neurons of my brain...

Friends I have not laid my eyes upon for over 30 years keep in touch with me still to this day and even though we do not visit we e mail every few days and maintain a golden coil of love and light between us that years ago would not be possible except for snail mail and telephone calls... (It would be very difficult for me to hand over my I Pod and Mac in the desert!)

I do not have hundreds of friends. Most of my friends could be counted on both hands... 10 maybe more. Most of that 10 do not live with me or live within driving distance of where I live! They know who they are. I will admit that practically all my friendships were birthed because of music and my love of metaphysics.

Okay, I am taking my sheep and we're walking out of here!
Oh, "I'll Be Seein' You"...

2 comments:

the cajun said...

You've channeled my own life. I am still in touch with friends from childhood. Reconnected in the past 10 years via the Web.
We were all born in the same city, but are now all over the planet. These friendships were forged at age 12 and 13 and the bond, as it turns out, is still strong. Each of us remembers some incident that remained with us and helped us grow in some way.
Powerful stuff.
Just stumbled in here, hope I didn't make a mess of the carpet.

Brenthoven said...

Thank you Cajun for your comments. You did not make a mess on the carpet in my space and if you did I would not mind cleaning it up! Your a brother!