Sunday, February 18, 2007

Vinita




When I travel I often take along a member of my crystal family. I have a collection in the States and one here in New Zealand.

The other day I drove friends to Glenorchy so they could experience a Jet River Boat trip on the Dart River. I took VINITA with me. I have had this jewel for about 5 years. She stands 1 & 3/4 of an inch tall. She is a 'perfect' crystal. I sat her on a table near the river. The sun and the rock were having a dance of amazing light refraction's and other things were going on!

I grabbed the camera and captured four amazing photos. You can see the blue sky filtering through and the rainbows of radiant color. Vinita has been cleansed, played in the sun and is sitting my my window very peaceful and content.

Stones are very sacred to me. They hold energy and memory. They are created from stardust and eons of time give them form and place them through out the universe...

I recall that wonderful line at the end of the movie: A RIVER RUNS THROUGH IT when Norman says something to the effect of
"water's haunt me and on the rocks under the waters are written the names of those that have gone before me and before them... all eternity"

There is magic in rocks as well they are full of minerals, data, lets not deny the magic of crystals in computers, watches and probably some salt and dirt! I LOVE UM!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Did I ever tell you that my mom's father was a 'rock hound'? At 13 I knew the names and types of most the stones that could be found in the the western states. Quartz always fascinated me; hard as glass, water clear [sometimes colored] and always capable of helping me to fantasize of other worlds, other places.

T-man carries a polished quartz pebble in his pocket. I took to carrying a stone in my pocket for years but since I don't commute to work anymore I've got all my alters and babies here with me. All the time.
Hugs,
kb