Tuesday, February 06, 2007

The Gift Was Ours to borrow...



Equilibrium, balance, center... Very difficult to do when one's brain chemicals are in limbo! The past few days have been strange for many people including myself. Friends have e mailed asking what in hell is going on? Well, I do have balls but
they are not made of crystal! So best thing I can say is: The entire planet is in a process of change and mankind is also!

Notice the honey bees in my lavender. I sat in the garden having my coffee and toast this morning and captured a shot of this deliciously chubby little 'maker of honey'
as he was having a delirious climax on the blossoms...
The bees were making music, literally singing along with the birds that were gossiping like crazy old women in the bird bath! It was humid and warm and a feeling of peace and calm came over me that I have not sensed in days.

It was as if out of no where I began to sing softly in my head: LOOK! my eyes are drrrry, THE GIFT WAS OURS TO BARROW, It's as IF we ALWAYS KNEW! and I won't forget what I did for love......Gone, LOVE is NEVER gone! as we travel on LOVE'S WHAT WE'LL REMEMBER! Kiss today good by, and point me 'toward tomorrow, we did what we had to do, won't forget, can't regret what I did for love...

An enormous sense of "release" came over me... I've always loved A CHORUS LINE and used to make drunken jokes about my funeral. When they (who ever they will be at that time?) lift my coffin up and march out of my funeral, I want the last BIG CHORUS of "ONE" PLAYED LOUD ENOUGH TO BLAST THE RAFTERS OFF THE BUILDING. "ONE! SINGULAR SENSATION, EVERY LITTLE STEP HE TAKES! ONE! MOMENT IN HIS PRESENCE EVERY MOVE THAT HE MAKES... LA la la la...." but, I never dreamed the words of" What I Did For Love" would be so comforting to me!

I think, for myself anyway, I have moved into a different light! Being 60 is not bad for me! I am gradually giving up labels, titles, the need to PROVE, ACHIEVE, be something, somebody... I am not trying to be a great body builder anymore. Just want to maintain what I have. Do not need to perform great concerts and make recordings, Just want to be able to make my kind of music! The world? Hell, war has been a major part of my life! Well, it is pretty difficult for some one to attack you when you REFUSE to cooperate with them! I lay down my weapons. Shoot me, whatever.

The GIFT of LOVE and ART in all expressions were mine and still are! I'll kiss today goodbye and I'm pointed 'toward tomorrow...

I remember a Master Teacher in the art of SHOLIN telling me once to always seek three things: balance, equilibrium and CENTER. He did say as an after thought: "If that fails, go sit beside a tree and eat a peach!"

No comments: