Saturday, January 13, 2007

Roses...



This year the roses have been breath taking. Every two or three days I fill my studio with bouquets of roses! I know
some people do not like roses because the petals fall on the ground. (Messy little buggers). They have thorns and
drive some people crazy when they cut them or hold a stem in their hands!
I love to touch rose petals. They feel like the most beautiful, sensuous flesh I could ever dream of touching. I love to bury my
nose in the center of a rose and inhale beauty. Years ago, I received a gorgeous bouquet of yellow roses and sweet
peas! Simply amazing. I never wanted them to wither and die.
(Notice, I have a very bad habit of leaving my keys in the door.)

Yesterday we attended the A&P Show at Lake Hayes. A&P IS NOT A GROCERY STORE IN NZ. It is Animals and Produce. Kind
of like a very dated, small county fair at home in WY. The sun was a scorcher. I had to wear my cap at all times because
I have fried the "HOLE IN THE OZONE OF MY HEAD" to a crisp RED. Meaning the bald spot is a hot spot. I cannot afford
to have anymore sun damage on my skin! I'm carrying on about the direct sun and now it is a down pour. Never stopped
raining since last night! One nice thing: THE ROSE BUSHES LOVE THIS WEATHER! HOT then wet and cool. So, regardless of the
rain I will fill my room with roses!

1 comment:

Apteryx said...

Sorry mate, but A&P is a grocery store in the US. In NZ, it means Agricultural and Pastoral, and it is our equivalent of a county fair. Just sayin'!