Saturday, March 21, 2015

Bach's Birthday! ?

I was listening to the news this morning and the part regarding history:  Today J.S. Bach was born.

I said this is not right.  I began studying music when I was 6 years old.  Bach was born March 31, 1685.
OMG, I had to remember that date in order to pass certain musical exams.  SOME SAY HE WAS BORN ON THE 21st of March...  well.........

I, as well as a million music lovers owe this man a million candles on a cake of pure intelligence and gratitude for what he gave all of us.  Most of all living and long dead physicists LOVE BACH.  Mathematicians, musicians, philosophers, writers and the list is endless.  He touched all the aspects of creativity and art.  The music of the UNIVERSE.

Bach was not a quiet, gentle man!  He demanded his rights and the rights of others.  He married Maria Barbara Bach his second cousin.  They had 7 children.  Four of the 7 survived.  )Carl Phillip Emanual Bach.  Maria died.  He then married ANNA MAGDALENA WILCKE.  She was 17 years YOUNGER than JSB!  (this man had some kind of sexual energy.  They were married Dec. 3,1721.  THEY CREATED 13 CHILDREN!

As a very young boy I was told Bach had 21 children.  Most of them died early or at birth...  I was stunned to think a man could produce 21 children.  Of course years later I discovered that yes, he did make a world of children but times were different.  They survived on cabbage, carrots, potatoes, turnips, breads, cheeses, milk and most of all IF their DNA was STRONG enough to ward off disease a child could and would survive.

Bach's health declined in 1749.  He began suffering from blindness.  I'm sure it was cataracts, and all kinds of eye diseases we can generally heal today.  A Famous British Eye Surgeon operated on Bach's eyes while he was traveling in Leipzig in March of 1750.

On July 28th, 1750 Bach died at the age of 65.  Most experts say he did not die because of the eye operation.  It was a STROKE complicated by PNEUMONIA.

I remember a Doctor friend telling me:  when "they" came out with the shot that could prevent Pneumonia it was the worst curse to man kind!  He said:  Pneumonia is for old people' and the terminally ill people's "BEST FRIEND!"

Bach's estate included:  5 harpsichords, 2 lute harpsichords, 3 violins, 3 violas, 2 cellos, a viola da gamba, a lute and a spinet piano.

THE PART OF HIS ESTATE I LOVE:  He left 52 SACRED BOOKS!  One being Martin Luther, and of all things JOSEPUS!

When I was 21 I discovered a leather bound book in an attic in Lowell Mass.  The estate sales person sold it to me for $1.00.  It was worth much, much more.  I resold it for a small fortune!  It is the only HISTORY BOOK that has one sentence regarding the the man Jesus Christ.

Josepus was one of the great historians of B.C. and A.C.  I dream of seeing that very book Bach held in his hands and read with his eyes and KNEW the truth about so many things.  The REALITY and POSSIBILITY of so many facts we enjoy today.

Any way my dear mentor and guide, Mr. J.S. Bach!  Happy birthday and I thank my lucky stars you were born.

Every organist on planet earth loves you and most musicians love your bible of piano music:  THE PRELUDES AND FUGUES!  In every key and such magical works of emotional, mathematics, scientific's, and most of all LOVE and UNDERSTANDING OF THE UNIVERSE!

JS BACH was one of Greatest men that ever touched planet earth.  He gave us the beginnings of Mozart, Beethoven...

So whatever, happy birthday today instead of the 31st!  THIS IS WHAT THE SKY LOOKS LIKE TONIGHT!
IT IS NOT A FIRE AS WE KNOW IT.  IT IS HEAVEN SCREAMING AND SINGING A CERTAIN SONG ONLY SOME CAN GRASP!  ETERNITY!

No comments: