Thursday, February 26, 2015

Something new a delicious which makes my life new and delicious

A few days ago my cousin posted a recipe for pizza dough on her FB.  I love to make pizza dough and I will brag, I can make damn good pizza dough.

I use flour, yeast, salt, olive oil.  I allow it rise once then punch it down and roll it into a round or square sheet upon which I place my own Pizza Sauce, green peppers, red onion, chopped tomatoes, a mix of pepperoni/salami slices, topped with parmesan cheese and mozzarella cheese.

THE NEW GIFT
YOU use self-raising flour.  (If you don't have self-raising flour just add some baking powder to your flour).

PLAIN GREEK YOGURT.   Mix the two together until you have nice dough consistency.

I use Greek Yogurt because I like the flavor and I use it in salad dressings, a side when Carrot Cake is served because it cuts the sweetness.  It works well with mixed grain cereals.

Put the yogurt in  a mixing bowl.  I was being leeeeery about the recipe so I put about a cup full of the yogurt in the bowl.  Started adding the flour and stirring with a fork.  It was rather wet so I added more flour and began using my hands to blend it.  It was bit dry so added a dessert spoon  of yogurt.  A dessert spoon is a bit bigger than a table spoon.  Kept working the dough.  Finally it "FELT RIGHT"

I kept kneading it because of the "feeling in my hands".  The yogurt is COLD.  If you make homemade dough it feels warm to the touch because of the yeast rising in a cup of warm water the dough mixture is room temperature.  Thus, this dough has a different feeling... chilly!

I rolled the dough into a round placed it on a pizza pan with baking paper.  Indented the dough (marks of real facoccia bread.)  Use your finger nail to make the dents.

Then brushed it with virgin olive oil. sea salt crystals, Italian Herbs, fresh rosemary from my garden.
Put in the oven at 180o. F.  (I have a fan oven here so things roast and bake faster.)  12 min. later I cracked the oven door.  PERFECTO!

Let it rest for about 5 min. then sprinkled  crumbled shaved parmesan cheese on the top.

It is all gone!  DELICIOUS!  Next I will use it to make a pizza.  It could pass for simply "flat bread without the yeast.)  I have friends that would probably sprinkle brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and crushed almonds on the top of it.  It still would be great.

Like everything else in life I CAN become set in my ways of cooking, baking, playing piano, writing...  then something from out of no where hits me with a gentle slap on my head that says:  "try it!  you might like it!"

Thank God for younger people than me!  I am a child of the 60's and 70's.  I can become so set in my listening to certain music, books, politics, philosophy, as well as judgments of so many things.

Young people re-connect me!  They remind me I was once THEM.
I have a a friend in Slovenia who is a "rodeeee for bands"  he sets up their equipment and so many other things.  (I wrote a blog about this very thing a few years ago as I watched the stage and lighting and sound equipment being set up by many young men and women for the QT New Years Celebration!)

Uri is maybe 23-25?  he  e mails me all kinds of new music!  Most of it is beautiful and OKAY!  My dear Whitney always shared NEW MUSIC with me... (I love Country and she damn well knows her country music!)  the list is endless.  Otherwise I may drowned in all the stuff of the 60's and 70's.

(NO I HAVE A DEEP UNDERSTANDING OF CLASSICAL MUSIC... it never changes.  It only becomes more meaningful as one ages and listens to it as well as with age you discover new and glorious things in a classical composition you missed the first time around!)  Every artist performs the classics in their own way!

Because of the internet I am able to experience so many THINGS!  New music, old music, knowledge about certain drugs, including prescriptions!  Recipes, how to do most and all things!  MAGIC!  (Can't wait till I get the "implant in the inside of my arm!)  It will monitor my BP, how many steps I take a day... my Blood Sugar, the list is quite endless!)  We are ETERNITY!

The new recipe for dough is gorgeous!


If you dare give it a try!


1 comment:

ckeller219 said...

This is coming late but I just got to read your post. I love that you gave the recipe a try and with such great success. I love that you were willing to try something new. I think that trying new is sometimes what keeps our minds going. I tend to get stuck in my rut like so many others, I have learned though trying something as simple as a new recipe it seems to make things good again. You are amazing and I love you tons, cuz, lets keep trying new things and continue to grow while we still can