Tuesday, January 07, 2014

The Joy of Your Own Two Hands...

Today the techie guy I  hired showed up to show me things with my new phone.  How to sync it into my Mac.  (He has three Macs and loves them)  After he left I decided to take a walk... not such a brilliant idea because it was colder than hell and the winds and rain were terrible.  I did not care!  I needed a walk.  Fresh air, Sky, Visions of beauty.  I braced myself for the elements.  All went well, but I was cold.

Arrived back at the house round 1 PM.  Made a lunch then went to work on my computer.  Ended up flat on my back reading a great book... a very short nap!

For the first time in ages I pulled out my oils and canvases... simply had to.  I have made it plain as day this year I am following my synchronicity.  That is my new word for 2014.  SYNCHRONICITY.

Years ago I did quite a bit of painting... not like real artists do, but my own thing.  You will see a picture of what I call my "Hippiedom of peace and love!"  It hangs on my studio wall.  Well, today I created something I call:  "A Garden in Motion"...  it is not finished however, it will grace a wall upstairs.

Amazing what your hands can do.  My Grandma Keller could take anything and make a beautiful piece of art out of it.  She made me a hanging light and it was a clump of glass grapes with a light bulb inside it that made everything seem like magic.  She could take tin cans, cut them into shapes and make gorgeous wall hangings.  She was a great seamstress...  I watched her cut patterns out of old newspapers to sew dresses from.  Her hands were quite amazing.  If I was not feeling well she would rub my fore head and neck with her hands and I seemed to feel so peaceful and the pain had gone somewhere.

When I pulled all this stuff out to paint this afternoon I thought: oh hell, all the tubes will be dried up and crusty.  NOT SO!  My hands moved gently and the muse guided thePartita...  my hands needed a new movement.  Color and motion.  Some days they lead me into making bread... other times touching the earth and tending to my plants.  My hands have forever had a mind of their own.  They are two of my best friends.
strokes.  I forgave myself for not practicing piano today...  I am working on one hell of a difficult passage on the piano for me as I am learning a Bach

No comments: