Thursday, January 16, 2014

Limitations

As I evolve within my human space suit, my brain chemicals, my DNA/RNA  I realize I do have to accept certain "LIMITATIONS"  I am a 67 year old male.  If anyone had told me I would live this long in the 70's I would have knocked them sideways and laughed them into the next century.

I was a BULLET PROOF MAN until I turned 60 years old.  I could fall off cliffs, catch all kinds of diseases, cry, hurt and I came out with flying colors.  At 62 I developed a serious cancer.  My body could not fight E Coli, the list is endless!  For over 30 years I lived in GYMS.  I TRAINED PEOPLE!  I destroyed the triceps on my left arm.  I had a knee replacement, the list is endless... I never, ever dreamed I would require glasses...  the sun created problems with my skin...  I have survived many things and worst of all distress, the loss of people I love that have crossed over to the other side.

SOMETIMES THERE IS NOTHING WORSE IN ONE'S LIFE THAN THE SENSATION OF CRASHING INTO A LIMITATION!!!

Today was a breakthrough.  I have been working for ages on Claude Debussy's Reflects dans l'eau... Reflections in the water.  For some unknown reason I could not get the 2nd and 3rd pages into my hands...  (I can play passages at Allegro and Presto tempos IF I DESIRE!)  The universe blessed me with amazing hands... ALAS!  NO!  These two pages refused to make love to my hands.

TODAY IT HAPPENED!  I crossed over from a limitation to a revelation.  Finally, water, images, sunlight, moonlight, water Lilly's, air, sky it all came together!  Only a musician would understand this magic.

Do not be alarmed by the score when I post it.  (the two pages...)  16th notes, 32nd notes, passages with crossover hands...  it worked.  I nearly fell off my piano stool.

BTW:  sorry about the last blog.  I do not know what the angels wanted but they took away part of my blog about my painting... (probably because they had a better plan... possibly they thought: by damn play these passages of water and light the right way. Paint a picture in sound, leave the oils alone for a bit.)  No doubt the world is pleased I quit playing in oil paints as well!

Debussy composed one the most famous melodies on earth... Clair de lune... (moonlight).
Limitations are LEARNING CURVES as well as blessings!  I do not like the feeling of being limited.  I really don't.  I always think I can soar with the stars... race with the moon... BUT one must realize that we have to accept humility.  Limitations teach us HOW TO BECOME HUMBLE and GRATEFUL beyond our imagination.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Humble and grateful are two words that many think are words of weakness. But in truth they show how another can need the strengths of others in their life, as well as their own.