Friday, November 12, 2010

It's still a great world...

My time in New Orleans was an absolute pleasure. Great food, gorgeous Jazz and interesting, loving people. The city keeps rebuilding and at the same time maintaining it's vibrant energy. If anyone is going to New Orleans do spend time in the Sculpture Garden at the city park. I was amazed they do not charge admission. The place is magic. Two nights I sat in the show room of the Sonesta Hotel listening to music that only comes out of the heart and soul of men and woman that have found their voice and USE IT!

I am writing this from Penn Station in NYC. Waiting for my train to Long Island. I have loved this city since I was a little boy. I dreamed of the day I would be able to visit it. My first visit was when I was 17. Since then I have made at least 40 trips to Gotham City... Since 1968 to 2010 I've experienced the evolution of one of the most powerful cities on planet earth. It all has been for the best. Most of all I love the art galleries, theaters, concerts, music and I always discover some place I've never been before.

Yesterday I rented a practice room at Steinway Hall. The room had two gorgeous instruments. One was listed at $71,000.00 the other $52,000.00. I want them both. I played on the one, then moved to the other piano performing the same piece. There is one thing about Steinways, each piano has it's own sound... personality. From there I spent the day at a Museum I knew nothing about, The Museum of Art and Design on Columbus Circle. OMG, it is wonderful and the restaurant on the 9th floor is the perfect place for a scrumptious meal and the view of Central Park is amazing... all the fall colors.

After 4 hours in the museum I walked the park until darkness. The crest of the moon guiding me back to my hotel.
I am a blessed man beyond my wildest dreams... It is still a wonderful world.

No comments: