Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Boise

Boise Idaho is one of my favorite places on earth! Possibly because of such priceless artistic friends and the young people I have the blessing of coaching when I am at my dear friend Shirley T's home. The walls are covered in art work. Oil paintings created by her friends as well as photos and mementos of outstanding musicians. She has bits and pieces of Native American Indian influences every where the eye can see. She is one of the angels on this planet and is willing to share with so many.

I arrived on Friday afternoon. Early that evening she had 7 of her painting friends and their husbands in for a lovely meal. Two students performed and then I played. What a celebration. After everyone left Shirley and I sat up with a bottle of Pinot Noir
Wine, my favorite wine, and talked until three in the morning! I had to be up and ready at 10 AM for my first master class.
After coaching four wonderfully talented pianists. Shirley took me to one of my favorite restaurants for lunch. Back to her home where I gave two private piano lessons to outstanding young men. I had a massage scheduled at 4:30 with a man that has magic hands. Barley made it to the appointment but as always Bert released so much tension and erased pain that has been plaguing me in my right leg. Enough! We headed home made sandwiches coffee and relaxed. As the evening unfolded we poured more wine and cheese, jumped from one subject to the other and ended up being up until nearly 2:30 AM!

Sunday had my horoscope read by Clinton. Always a insightful and "wake up call" regarding who I am and where I am going. After the 3 and a half hour session with him off to the Mall. Dinner at a wonderful restaurant and again chatter and bonding until the wee hours of the morning. Monday morning off to the Air Port. Flew from Boise to SLC and then into IF.

I may be selfish but I treasure these events where I can be totally me and not worry about what I look like or say as well as be in complete harmony with my spirit. I am a blest man. Thank you Shirley.

No comments: