Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Preludes & Fugues

Preludes & Fugues
Today had to be in the high 70's or 80's. Springtime in the Rockies can be interesting as far as weather, but today was HOT. Snow is still half way down the mountains and the tulips, daffodils and other spring things that blossom from bulbs are bobbing their heads against the alpine breezes.

I spent the day moving furniture out of rooms so that old carpet could be lifted and new carpet laid down. The furniture in the rooms is very heavy. Also had the office re-carpeted and the furniture in that area weighs a ton! Between moving huge beds, chest of drawers and lamps, mattress and box springs, I groomed the gardens. I think that every human being should spend time working the earth with their bare hands. Tonight my hands do not even remotely resemble that of a pianist. The nails have black soil embedded in the cuticles, and the blisters are massive, but the link between our bodies and the chemicals within the earth is such a sacred marriage. Needless to say, I am exhausted, but happy.

Also, something that resonated of a spiritual lesson today was the fact we have not been able to get our DSL working properly in the office. After many over the phone troubleshooting exercises, I demanded that a representative drive down and check out the situation. WE HAD THE PHONE JACK IN THE WRONG OUTLET!!!! Most embarrassing yet, such a simple mistake! There is a hidden lesson somewhere in this event! I spent half of my life putting the wrong things into the wrong outlets!!!!!!!!

My mother turns 80 years old on Friday so I drive to Utah for the festivities and will see members of my family I have never met! New arrives, husbands, and wives of nieces and nephews. Sometimes I think I live on an entire different planet than most of my family. Possibly I am something of an alien. Had dinner with two of my best friends Sunday, I hope I am from the same universe they originate from 'cause they are family! I could play all through eternity with them because they are artists as well as brothers! Friends help maintain my sanity.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It seems that everything that happens around us is a lesson. I am guilty of not seeing that the class bell hasn't rung yet and I'm still supposed to be awake and learning.

I was glad to hear that mum and the fam was well and still kicking it after 80 years on the planet. I can only hope to be as lucky as her.
Mwah,
kb