Friday, February 21, 2014

Walk a Mile In My Shoes...

Yesterday I was walking along the lake shore... took the 33 steps on a stair case built from logs and gravel that leed one from the shoreline into the Queenstown Gardens...  my lungs always let me know when I have hit the number 33!  It's called WALKING UP NOT DOWN! (I am very good at walking down... a fact I am going to hell!)

After I made it to the top of the rung... I stopped to catch my breath and to the right of the stairs is a very ordinary rock.  Beside the rock were two shoes!  I had to take a photo.  It was as if the person had COMBUSTED like some people do and all that remains are their shoes or clothing!

Suddenly out of NO WHERE... (my mind lives in no where a lot at times.)  a very old song from the '70's dashed through my brain!  "Walk a Mile In My Shoes" by Joe South.  The lyrics to the chorus go something like:  Walk a mile in my shoes... Just walk a mile in my shoes... Before you abuse, criticize and accuse... then take a walk in my shoes...

I like shoes.  I have every kind of shoe.  Hiking boots, Cowboy Boots, Chef Shoes, Walking Shoes, Dress up shoes... shoes to wear with tuxedo...  Athletic shoes... Flip Flops, Sandals... This year the shoe I love is:  a Niki RED WALKING SHOE.  I found them at Kohl's in Clinton, UT.  They are a joy to walk in...

My mother was forever into cleanliness... she washed anything that would fit into a washer machine.  When I was a kid she always washed out KEDS and hung them out on the line to dry.  Later years she washed my gym shoes and if weather was bad in the winter... she propped them up beside the heater and they were dry for the next day.  YEP!  I WASH MY RED NICKI'S!  They love being clean and my feet love having clean shoes.

I would not want to walk a mile in another person's shoes.  We all have our own shoes that are made for the miles and miles we must walk  in this lifetime.  One blessing is:  THE PEOPLE WE MEET ALONG THE MILE AFTER MILE of such a JOURNEY!  The people we meet, fall in love with and at times out of love with...  the people and pets along the path are worth wearing one's shoes to pieces.

I must keep my shoes clean!

1 comment:

Big AL said...

brilliant :)