Friday, October 26, 2012

change... snow... colder temps...

Yesterday brought snow.

As Robert Frost wrote... Stopping by woods on a snowy evening.  The little horse must think it queer not to have a farm house near... he gives his harness bells a shake as if to ask is there some mistake?  The woods are lovely dark and deep but, I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep and miles to go before I sleep... and promises to keep...

Snow brings "SILENCE".  Snow covers stuff that is ugly.  Snow INSULATES.  It keep heat inside caves, houses, tents...  IGLOOS!  Snow translates into winter solstice.  It defines the meaning of being cold.

Every snow flake is a glorious "individual" only one of a pattern.  Proof that we humans are much like snow flakes.  Each and every one of us has are very own DNA that sets us apart from  other life forms.  That DNA is also a part of our spiritual being.  It defines who and what we are in this dimension of time and space.

Weeks ago I awoke 'round 5 AM.  The heavens were scintillating with the light of diamonds.  Stars.  The Milky Way was vibrating.  It set into words one of my favorite lines from Longfellow:::Then, within the meadows of heaven blossomed the lovely stars.  The "Forget-me-nots" of the angels.  ONE STAR SHOWN BEYOND THE REST... THE MORNING STAR.

When I was a little boy I learned a transcription piano solo of this wonderful aria by Wagner.  The Morning Star.  The melody thrummed it's vibrations inside my musical mind.  I had to walk out into the woods and become part of the celebration of morning.  A NEW DAY.

I have all these topics I want to write about but do not seem to find the "creative force" that enables me to put into words what I feel or am thinking...  Tomorrow is a new day!

A Native American told me once that the best way to live was:  KEEP CLEAN AND KEEP YOUR PROMISES.  I promise I will write about so many things that occurred the past few months.

I am practicing 2 and more hours a day!  THAT IS AMAZING!

My neck, arms, hands, wrists are in pain!

They will be fine in a few days.  Using muscles I have not engaged in months is a kind of strange adventure in and of itself!   I am excited about my musical adventure in NYC.

Goals keep us centered.
Music demands the three "D'S"... Determination, dedications and discipline.

No comments: