Tuesday, February 07, 2012

My new drying machine...



Clothes lines were a very essential part of any house hold utilities when I was a little boy.
Washing day was a big day. Then after everything went through the wringer it was hung on the line to dry in the fresh air.

In NZ the air is clean and full of sunshine.
Last week I decided to hang all the sheets out on the line after a serious machine wash and not use the dryer. They came out wonderful!

Now most days after the laundry has been washed I hang them out on the line to dry, then top them off in the dryer. Saves one hell of a lot energy and the clothing is CLEAN! Kissed by the sun, massaged by the breeze and everything smells NATURAL! NONE OF THE LITTLE PERFUME THINGS WE PUT IN DRYERS TO MAKE THINGS SMELL FRESH? Sunshine is magic.

When I was performing in Europe years ago the house keeping would hang comforters, quilts, sheets, pillows over the banisters of the balcony and let them breathe in the fresh air. A most brilliant idea. I always loved returning to my room late at night, have a cup of hot tea and then nestle into a bed full of fresh linens. Nature still rules. My clothes are clean!



No comments: