Friday, March 04, 2011

Suicide

A few days ago... I was given the news about a young man that had died due to an over does of drugs and alcohol... SUICIDE.

When I was around 14 a very close friend of mine committed suicide. We had seen each other the night before the event... He was depressed. I was very naive and did not understand many of the things he was telling me... Next day he was found inside the garage of his home inside a car with a hose running from the exhaust pipe of the inside of the car via the window of the seat he was sitting in.

Asphyxiation is not pretty... Your skin changes color etc... He did leave a suicide note... (I have not a clue where that letter is now...) I do know that RELIGION and DOGMA had 99% to do with this tragedy.

Many people still ache and hurt over this ordeal which shook the hell out of a little Mormon farming community... Harsh words from a stupid BISHOP... worse, harsh words from a father that did not understand what what going on and most of... the

AMAZING FEAR THAT EVERYONE COULD NOT PUT INTO WORDS: THE YOUNG MAN HAD TAKEN HIS VERY OWN LIFE INTO HIS OWN HANDS... HE WAS NOT AFRAID TO DIE RATHER THAN TO FACE OTHER HORRIBLE SITUATIONS LATER IN HIS LIFE AND MOST OF ALL HE PROVED THAT DEATH EQUALIZES US ALL... rich, famous, old, unknown, wonderful and loved beyond imagination we all DIE...
He saved many people from suffering... his siblings, his friends, his church, his school... why? IF HE HAD LIVED FOR MANY YEARS another story could and would have been written! Now in hindsight, he saved a hell of a lot of drama in the family...

Things aren't all so TANGIBLE and SYABLE as people waould usually have us believe.
Most expiences are UNSAYABLE.
THEY HAPPEN IN A SPACE THAT NO WORD HAS ENTERED< and more UNDSAYABLE THAN ALL OTHER THINGS ARE WORKS OF ART, THOSE MYSTERIOUS EXISTENCES, WHO'S LIFE ENDURES BESIDE OUR OWN SMALL TRANSITORY LIFE.

Human beings amaze me at times... to think we short lived humans have the arrogance to even think WE can OFFEND this GOD that created this planet and all the life that endures... We are really something...

I was in Viet Nam three times... I saw some stunning things... I also know of a few men that committed suicide. WHY? They KNEW and still KNOW something WE DO NOT KNOW! They were brave beyond poloticians, egos, religions, philosopy... they were brave beyond my imagination... they knew something... something you and I do not know... May the universe forever bless those brave men and woman that have crossed over by their own means... I DO NOT BELIEVE IN SUFFERING and MAKING OTHER'S SUFFER... I believe in life eternal.

No comments: