Sunday, March 31, 2013

Native Grass... don't smoke this stuff...

The joy of Tussock native grasses...  This native grass is called "rainbow grass".  When it grows into it's full glorious splendor it is amazing how it grasps sunlight, moonlight, starlight.  It catches the bellows of the wind within it's slinder arms as well as any of natures fragile breaths of air and it begins moving like waves on the ocean.   It is like music the celestial music of the universe.  I can sit for hours in the most peaceful meditative state of mind and body simply watching the rhythmic melody this angel floss dances to!

A very dear friend Karina made a road trip from Alexandra NZ to Q/TOWN NZ a few days ago.  We go way back many years ago.  She was my personal trainer.  The woman gave me shoulders in the day.
She also has a "gift" the Green Thumb.  She can take a suffering plant and bring it back to life.  We were chatting away over wine and snacks about pests like weeds and plants such as veggies and flowers.  She made a profound statement I hope to never forget:  " when it comes to green things growing you follow one rule:  IF YOU LIKE AND LOVE A CERTAIN THING THAT IS GROWING IN THE GARDEN, IT IS A PLANT, IF YOU HATE AND THINK IT IS A MESS IT IS A WEED!"  I love that.  I actually have certain plants some people tell me are weeds and I happen to think they are quite amazing!  Kinda like certain people and other things in our lives!

No comments: