Saturday, April 23, 2011

Leaving April 27th, 2011 for Alpine...

Hard to imagine that five months have crossed over into memory and that place we refer to as 'the past'.

Today is Easter Sunday in NZ. I swear Easter was in March last year? I can never quite figure out why the dates change each year?

This is the first year in 21 years of coming to NZ we did not color eggs, put out the chocolate bunnies and I did not bake Hot Cross Buns. Easter has fallen to close to the day we depart. In the place of eggs, and buns, we are CLEANING the house. Sorting out things that must be stowed away in the storage until next year.

Today I washed windows inside and outside in the kitchen. Cleaned oven, cupboards, ceilings, walls, laundry... tossing out food items that will not keep until next year! Tonight will be my studio. Clean my piano keys, sort through all kinds of crap I collect on my desk...

Shifting between two homes is not such a bad thing, only bad thing: I do not have a staff that packs, organizes, cleans, maintains my life style. I do the GRUNT WORK!

Today has been gorgeous. It is now a quarter of 6 PM and the sky is becoming gruesome. No doubt I will fall asleep to the sound of rain dancing on the roof. Will try to finish a lot of work by tomorrow and then my last time at the gym on Tuesday, some good byes. Early Wednesday fly to Auckland. From there into LAX and from there to SLC, UT. From there drive to WY

Will write a quick blog from air ports!

No comments: