Friday, January 08, 2010

snow time in the alps


I awoke to snow this morning. Mind you, this is supposed to be summer weather... I know, I know, and I know, global warming but, I would still love summer to return. One thing: when the sun does come out it is hotter than the hinges of hell.

Life continues to be good. Reading, learning new music, creating new music and most of all I am healthy. I have a wonderful
vegetable garden this year. Everything is booming except for my tomatoes. Not enough sunshine... The lettuce is divine and all the herbs I cook with constantly. Made a gorgeous Italian dinner last night with fresh Basil, Rosemary, Oregano, Parsley, and
Chives from the garden.

My piano is once again my best friend and I am reading book after book. I know I should
purchase the Kendell or the Nook electronic books, but I honestly need to touch, smell, and hold paper within my hands. Most of all I underline and write in the margins of books. Kind of like music. I have precious manuscripts hand marked by teachers that are long dead, some that are world famous and two or three others that are very much alive and know my hands as well as my musical mind. It all makes for a delicious adventure in sound and color.

Tomorrow is the A&P Show at Lake Hayes. Must go regardless of weather. The Michael Hill String Festival begins this weekend.
Such stunning talent. String players will invade the town like a blessing from the heavens. Making angelic music everywhere.
Tomorrow is also the Craft Fair and Farmer's Market down town. Love those potatoes and herbs I buy at Farmer's Market.
Also, I meet up with some amazing artists at the fair. These are things I can never do in Alpine because I am working!!!

Summer time will blossom one day soon and I will no doubt not have any sun guard!

No comments: