Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Spring time in the rockies...





When I was a very little boy I heard my grandparents sing many songs and one song was a waltz that I have forever loved:
"When It's Springtime In The Rockies". I live in the heart of the Rocky Mountains. Winters are harsh, but the birthing of Spring is a spiritual event that one must see, touch, and breathe to be appreciated.

I walk into the forest behind the house every morning and meditate. Yesterday was an amazingly hot day for April 6th! 68 degrees and many new, shimmering small streams were being created by snow banks melting in the hot sunshine. I had my camera in my backpack and had to share some photos.

One is of a rock that I often sit upon and meditate as I listen to all the birds singing and small creatures of the woods scurrying around as they set up their summer homes! Deer and Elk often sleep among the cedar and pine trees. The weight of the heavy snow had caused many pine tree branches to snap and fall along the pathway. Cedar and Sagebrush as well as Oregon Grape are everywhere and under the dense grass tiny wild flowers are just beginning to bloom!

The white rock has an opening in it that resembles an eye. There is a hole in the top and the side that creates a tunnel and when rain water or ice settles inside the bottom of the tunnel sunshine causes a brilliant sparkling effect to glint from the eye shaped entrance into the rock. Thus I call it ROCK EYE or EYE ROCK!

The mountain view from the rock is similar to the mountain in the movie, " Brokeback Mountain". Therefore I call it my Brokeback Mountain.
In the one photo you may see a very small "ORB" in the center of the mountain. It is a blue orb.

Working hard and loving the Alpine air, altitude and wide open skies!

No comments: